iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Japanese Koma Spin top tricks I learned this week  (Read 1084 times)

Éloïse

Japanese Koma Spin top tricks I learned this week
« on: July 19, 2021, 05:00:10 PM »

Hello, I just wanted to share all the tricks I've learned since my last post. I have four more tricks I'm trying to learn & them I'm going to choose 10 of my favorite tricks to work on to try & put together a 3 minute performance video for the contest.

https://youtu.be/KiJ0uENEAdE

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Japanese Koma Spin top tricks I learned this week
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 05:32:38 PM »

You made me smile the whole 3 min!! You look like you enjoy yourself so much!! This is amazing! That what hobbies should do!!!

Keep up the good work!!
Paxl
Spinning is life!!!!

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 07:22:29 PM »

Wow, you've definitely gotten better! Nice tricks!  8)

I really think you should try them with a pear shaped top. Many of the tricks you did would be much easier than with a koma, and many other tricks are open to you (such as regenerations).

Éloïse

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 01:33:46 PM »

I really think you should try them with a pear shaped top. Many of the tricks you did would be much easier than with a koma, and many other tricks are open to you (such as regenerations).

Thanks for the advice but I'm only interested in learning Koma tricks specifically. I also already tried a pear shaped one & couldn't even get it to spin on my hand, with the Koma it was easier for me. I like the way it winds up, feels looks & spins compared to the other ones, so I will focus on learning Koma tricks instead. Besides my pear shaped spin top already broke.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 01:57:41 PM »

Thanks for the advice but I'm only interested in learning Koma tricks specifically. I also already tried a pear shaped one & couldn't even get it to spin on my hand, with the Koma it was easier for me. I like the way it winds up, feels looks & spins compared to the other ones, so I will focus on learning Koma tricks instead. Besides my pear shaped spin top already broke.

You are wrong =) Pear shape is the best =) =) =) :+)
I should learn more koma tricks on my end =)

Éloïse

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 10:48:22 AM »

You are wrong =) Pear shape is the best =) =) =) :+)
I should learn more koma tricks on my end =)

Well I guess that's your opinion. Not everyone likes the same thing. Some people like the color red & some people don't . Same for spin tops. Some people like pear shaped spin tops & some people like komas.

I only like koma Spin tops & that's based on personal preference.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 01:39:50 PM by Éloïse »

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 11:16:28 AM »

C'mon Eloise... I was just kidding ;) I had hoped the quantity of smiley face sent that message :)
Sorry, didn't want to ruffle any feather!

Cheers
Xavier

Éloïse

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 01:33:16 PM »

C'mon Eloise... I was just kidding ;) I had hoped the quantity of smiley face sent that message :)
Sorry, didn't want to ruffle any feather!

Cheers
Xavier

I know you were just kidding lol.  :) I never heard of either spin tops with strings growing up, I saw both styles on yoyotricks.com & I ordered the Space top & the plastic tip broke twice & I never could get it on my hand, so I ordered a koma because I saw the tip was metal & wouldn't keep breaking on me. It also resembles more the feel of a yoyo.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 02:22:21 PM »

t'ok.. yeah. boomerang on a trompo is a pain to learn...
I'm personally obsessed with regeneration tricks... that's all I do =)

Anyway, Keep spinnin!
Xav

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 10:26:43 PM »

There are more quality top besides Mexican/Spanish brands you might want to try.... They probably won't break quite as easily.  :-\

The key to mastering the boomerang with a trompo is to use the correct length of sting. Cometa tops and space tops may not have the right length or thickness to do a consistent boomerang. Other brands like spintastics come with the string at the correct length so you don't have to spend all your time cutting and tying and all that. But in the end you just need to correct the tilt and everything is the same as with a koma (ish).

(By the way, this is my 400th post  >:D)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 10:32:17 PM by Texture »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 11:00:35 PM »

Congrats on your 400th. That is a significant accomplishment.  I am happy for you!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 01:51:18 PM »

Congrats on your 400th. That is a significant accomplishment.  I am happy for you!!!
Thx!  :D