iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sundia entry level monobolo / Chinese yoyo / kongzhu  (Read 4887 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Sundia entry level monobolo / Chinese yoyo / kongzhu
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 10:29:49 PM »

Renee, what are you doing next Tuesday.  Want to have a monibolo lunch?  I can drive an hour or so your way and let you try some different equipment.  Maybe I can get even give you a tip or two?  Are you still in the Louisville area?.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »

I just sent you a quick video through email that shows my string set up as well as a start with string wrap and release to the hand. I hope it helps. If nothing else, seeing myself on video motivates me to keep going to the gym and encourages me to eat better.

Good luck.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »

Renee, what are you doing next Tuesday.  Want to have a monibolo lunch?  I can drive an hour or so your way and let you try some different equipment.  Maybe I can get even give you a tip or two?  Are you still in the Louisville area?.
That's a very generous offer.  Let me figure out my schedule, and I'll let you know something today.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 05:26:55 PM »

The winter gathering of the North American Monobolo Federation was a smashing success with no windows smashed but an overflow crowd of enthusiasts present.  The idea to schedule the winter event on the final days of the season worked out extremely well as we spun in springlike conditions.  Kudos to the planning committee and all their hard work for the federation.  The post event banquet was also excellent and enjoyed by all.  We are already looking forward to the next event this summer on August 24th.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 06:33:30 PM »

A few tools of the trade that were on hand (string) for the enjoyment of the participants.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 07:14:22 AM »

I have to hand it to Renee, she doesn't quit.  Long after everyone else was thinking about lunch and resting from all the reviving up and circle turning......well, she was still out there going strong.  I hope she was not too sore the next day.

And her monobolo was quite interesting.  The tip was made of medal and was quite heavy which balanced the whole thing so you didn't have to turn with it.  It seemed more difficult to get into my hand after a good spin and the string on her sticks seemed a little more limp than the Henry string I have.  But it was a Sundia model, just like a number of my monobolos are.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »

Guess I was oblivious to the lunch discussions being held by the rest of our group.  Must have thought I should spin at least as long as the drive up ;-) .  And yes, I was quite sore the next day.  It shortened my spinning the next day, but it was a worthy trade off for the lessons and fellowship.  It was a very pleasant day, indeed.  Even the non-spinner enjoyed it.

HYDRUS17R

• ITSA
    • La page sur les toupies de mon site web bdc-henri.fr
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 12:01:08 PM »

Bonjour,

si cela vous intéresse vous pouvez facilement réaliser votre propre monobolo.

J'ai mis les explications sur ma page :

http://www.bdc-henri.fr/exttoupies.htm

en fin de page.

et voici la vidéo de son utilisation de base pour faire la toupie dans la main.

bon amusement.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 12:33:10 PM »

Nice conversion of a diabolo into a monobolo! You had to drill that golf ball very precisely.
Did you try to have enough weight to match the cup and have a monobolo will little precession?

The trick of grinding the monobolo and getting it vertically into the hand is cool! I need to practice it!

HYDRUS17R

• ITSA
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »

Effectivement il y a eu du déchet avec les balles de golf, car je ne dispose que d'une petite perceuse à colonne, et si le centrage n'est pas parfait, cela vibre et c'est inutilisable.

Pour l'équilibre j'ai ajusté le poids avec écrou et rondelles, il n'y a pratiquement pas de précession une fois que la vitesse de rotation est suffisante.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 05:25:16 PM »

Good monobolo work and good job making your monobolo!!!

HYDRUS17R

• ITSA
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 02:49:07 AM »

Quelques réponses aux questions précédentes.

Moi j’ai mis un émerillon placé proche de l’extrémité de la baguette gauche, je suis droitier et c’est ma main droite qui donne l’énergie pour faire évoluer le monobolo. L’émerillon permet avant de rejouer, en écartant les baguettes pour tendre la corde et de la dévriller.

Pour la fixation de la corde sur les baguettes plusieurs options :

Percer l’extrémité des baguettes (en bois par exemple) transversalement passer la corde dans le trou réalisé faire un nœud de chaque côté de la baguette et mettre un point de colle contact (néoprène) sur chaque nœud, cela ne bouge pas.

Je fabrique mes baguettes à partir des matériaux utilisés pour fabriquer mes cerfs-volants. En général des tubes carbone ou fibre de verre diamètre 10 mm et je place des embouts que l’on trouve dans les accessoires pour diabolos (origine mister babache). Le nœud se trouve ainsi à l’intérieur de l’embout et il n’y a pratiquement pas d’usure de la corde en sortie de baguette.

http://www.sendrabazar.fr/details-kite_baguettes-x-t-screw-embouts-vis-plastique_2041.html

Sur ma vidéo postée précédemment 1er octobre 2019, les baguettes utilisées n’avaient pas ces embouts, et la corde était enfilée à l’intérieur de la baguette avec le nœud côté poignée. Il y avait un gros problème d’usure de la corde sur la partie qui sortait de la baguette.