iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions  (Read 93276 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2017, 08:26:41 AM »

Cool thanks y'alls for the tip, I'll have to attempt the fix today as the cap poped off this morning :)
Spinning is life!!!!

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2017, 02:43:26 PM »

I like 3M vinyl electrical tape for its ability to conform to the top's surface. I just wish they had it in transparent to not be visible.

Softspin

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2017, 05:38:11 PM »

Got six pack at H.Depot 6 color 1/2" about 5 works great

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:52:20 PM by ta0 »

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »

I'll hunt colored tape next time I'm in a hardware store! For now I used black electric tape (3/4) works perfectly...

I ALSO JUST FIGURED OUT THE CORKSCREW!!!! ( I did 5 turn with a 72" inch string =) I also figured out how to alter my throw for longer lines =) Yayyyyy

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »

But yeah, do anyone has a trick list for koma? I can Boomerang trapeze and do a rollercoaster variation but I search something for other tricks!

The names are in Japanese, but try here: http://spingear.jp/koma/2016/09/25/list/

Also, this video is pretty handy.

Trying to whip off the ground (about 18:14) is fun!

I just tried that whip... it's amazingly FUN =)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:21:24 PM by ta0 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2017, 10:24:09 AM »

I ALSO JUST FIGURED OUT THE CORKSCREW!!!! ( I did 5 turn with a 72" inch string =) I also figured out how to alter my throw for longer lines =) Yayyyyy

congrats budd!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2017, 08:16:39 AM »

ARGH... Why didn't I buy 2 QSH!!!!... The plastic trompo grande is okay but so vibey b/c the weight right has moved again :( Anyone has any tips on how ot fix the weightright so taht It doesn't moves around when I drop the top... ( Still learning regens so I do hit the flooring quite a bit )...

But yeah... next time I have budget, either a high end delrin top or a Fixed QSH...

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2017, 09:27:27 AM »

You can put a little piece of electrical tape around the metal ring and that will often help to force it into place.  If that throws the balance off, you can try moving it to different positions or add another piece of tape on the other side of that metal ring.  Hope that helps!!!  I spent a LOT of time with these tops for years as I worked on learning tricks.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2017, 07:19:25 PM »

ARGH... Why didn't I buy 2 QSH!!!!... The plastic trompo grande is okay but so vibey b/c the weight right has moved again :( Anyone has any tips on how ot fix the weightright so taht It doesn't moves around when I drop the top... ( Still learning regens so I do hit the flooring quite a bit )...

But yeah... next time I have budget, either a high end delrin top or a Fixed QSH...

Seriously, I have the QSH in fixed and bearing tips as well as the Strummol8's Sophia, Gulia, STB 2.0 and 2.5, and if we want to compare more "apples to apples", I feel that the QSH is on-par with the Sophia. So, if you want some top-grade tops without the top-grade costs, I gotta say the QSH blew me away. I do prefer my Strummol8's but I think that's because I'm used to them more. The only bad thing I can say about the QSH is "why didn't I get more?" and I can fix that!
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »

Pull the ring out and stretch it a bit so when it goes back in it's nice and tight. I received one with a rattily weight ring and this fixed it just fine for me. 

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2017, 10:16:17 PM »

just take the ring out budd  ;D its not improving play that much anyway

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2017, 10:21:22 AM »

just take the ring out budd  ;D its not improving play that much anyway

No ?!, I'll try that out... b/c unballenced it's kind of useless anyway...

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »

WOW. just WOW!!!

Removed the weight ring.. Redid the venyl tape and honestly I don't know why they include the ring to begin with... the top is WAY more stable!!!

I also was able to do FOUR rollercoaster to string !!!! I am so hyped!!!!!

I am happy. Merry xmas all!!!
paxl

Edit: now the tip seem to move in and out of the top... how is fixed that tip ? Is that only pushfit and the top is kind of broken or it's screwed in ??? Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:44:01 AM by paxl13 »

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2017, 06:00:47 PM »

Pull the ring out and stretch it a bit so when it goes back in it's nice and tight. I received one with a rattily weight ring and this fixed it just fine for me.
Yes this works well. but when you are too busy playing (lazy) to undo the tape, just tap the top crown down on a firm surface. The ring will pop back in place.

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »

Edit: now the tip seem to move in and out of the top... how is fixed that tip ? Is that only pushfit and the top is kind of broken or it's screwed in ??? Thanks!
I had that issue with my fixed tip Trompo Grande. I don't recall at the moment if I had the problem with my QSH fixed tip. Jack advised placing I think plastic wrap over the part that seats into the top, then give it a good push. Let's just say it's working just fine in my opinion.