iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Strummol help  (Read 2724 times)

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Strummol help
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:19:36 PM »

Help please I was taking apart tip and there is a small spacer that popped out with bearing I watched neff video on subject but when he puts it togeather for bearing play he does not use that little spacer, only when he sets up for owb all three of my strummol's have this little spacer and of course large spacer all three are apart and not sure position for small spacer shoulder on the top or below bearing thanks why there all three apart is another story

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Strummol help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 12:36:30 AM »

Are you talking about a cylinder with a shoulder that fits inside the inner diameter (ID) of the bearing? It is used to adjust the ID of the upper bearing so it matches the diameter of the axle (which needs to be smaller for the one way bearing). The shoulder goes above the bearing, or the side where the nut that holds the tip together goes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:45:05 AM by ta0 »

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »

Thanks for reply yes that's it...does it stay there for regular bearing play and fixed tip I know they come with the tops new

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 10:47:04 AM »

Thanks for reply yes that's it...does it stay there for regular bearing play and fixed tip I know they come with the tops new
Yes, you always want it there, specially for bearing play.

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:15:06 PM »

Thanks I will try to keep them together.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 12:32:05 AM »

That piece should be called a ferrule, although I call it a spacer several times in my video.  There is a balloon correcting that at 4:44, but you cannot see youtube annotations on a phone or tablet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRuZ_BRNX0&index=4&list=PLtuOsStou3KmCIMD5YnMRRL_9MVsSvort

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 10:26:58 PM »

Thanks for help your videos are very helpful...

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Strummol fixed tip help
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »

Looking for feedback on this issue still...when I set Giulia up for fixed tip play and use the ferrule that comes with it the tip does not seem to tighten.. Using just the two washers works better so that I feel I do not have to over tighten.... Also do some of you like silicone spacer or the two washer system better for fixed tip play

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Strummol fixed tip help
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 04:13:54 PM »

Looking for feedback on this issue still...when I set Giulia up for fixed tip play and use the ferrule that comes with it the tip does not seem to tighten.. Using just the two washers works better so that I feel I do not have to over tighten.... Also do some of you like silicone spacer or the two washer system better for fixed tip play

faucet washers @-@ rubber faucet washer is what i always use to immobalize strommol8 tips. the point is to make contact with the both the top of the top bearing and the body of the top, thus immobalizing the the tip  ;)