iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A new french spinner  (Read 2615 times)

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
A new french spinner
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »

Hi,
Friends call me Mermouy, as the topic title says, i'm french, living most of time in north of France (Lille).

I was waiting before introducing myself for the Eyyc17 (European Yo-Yo Championship 2017) as I was participating, and I did known a video could help...
So everything is fine, except I made a really bad run there, but at least I can show something...
So on these videos I'm spinning at last position, and finish at the same place, and that's already great for me! (sounds great on a C.V.: 6th at Eyyc17  ;))

Were great spin times there and nice meeting. (Attila, Jan, Maurizio...)
I will try to make a video of a freestyle later.

Anyway, I spin since 3 years now, but only 2 actives as I didn't really practice the first one.
I've discovered spintop in Marines's spin top festival where I also meet some well knows spinners and Ta0 forum users (Lord Jim, Damiens, Ludo...)

I've helped in organisation of the Loon-plage Top Festival last year were I met the Konecny brothers for the first time for example.
We plan to organise this loon-plage festival again next year, and, why not the French National Spintop Championship? But I will post more on this later...

About posting, I'm still waiting for the french rules version of the "Toupétanque" to translate and post on the forum...

For the rest: I'm a juggler in a "street performer" way, as you can see here. (still need to work on this website btw) I actually intend to add the spintop to my show, as soon I will find/make the good one...
I also maintain some websites for friends and/or associations, and work sometimes as an animator with/for friends with kites and traditionnal wood games.

With some friends we also try to make some tops, first wood turned with Dorian, and we now plan to turn some HDPE.
For example we've tested the Jack QSH cap modification posted here. As you can see here:

Last wood-turned example was a Chonkake you can see here or just one here:

I will try to post our experiments as they come of course...

Happy to officially be a spinner!!!  :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:57:03 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: A new french spinner
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 12:07:24 PM »

Bonjour, Mermouy!

That was a great introduction post.

Although you were unlucky at EYYC, we could tell that you have skill. You were competing with some of the very best players in the world.
I think tops will be perfect for your street performing. They are great to interact with people: you put a top in their hand and they cannot go anywhere!   >:D

Welcome to the forum!!!

PS: I saw on your website that you ride tall unicycles (three stacked wheels): you can challenge The Earl in his record attempts at riding while having a spinning top in the hand.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:09:33 PM by ta0 »

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »

Hi Ta0!

Thanks for support  ;)
As I mentionned it before I own a server in Europe that can be useful for any friends, so if you need some web-enable space (website mirror, backup space, blog etc...) don't hesitate to ask me.
Glad to be in!
See you someday...

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 01:46:00 PM »

salut compère
it's fun to see you here
 ;)
keep in touch

and thanx for the introduction

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 08:16:05 PM »

Hello Mermouy!  Good to have you with us.  Thanks for your introduction and we will be looking forward to hearing more from you.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 09:59:03 PM »

welcome home sir @-@

Attila

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »

Hi nice to see you here :D

Ludo