iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2016 US Nationals  (Read 12566 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
2016 US Nationals
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:48:10 PM »

This year the US Yo-Yo Nationals are 2 weeks earlier, in just 15 days. Unfortunately, for the first time since 2000, it seems they won't be hosting the US Spintop Nats  :'(
This year it was impossible for me to attend. But I am surprised there is no more interest from players (does everybody want to skip a national title for a world title?).
I think we have these possibilities left:

1) Some last minute players want compete. I know Dazzling Dave will be at nats and he has freestyled in the past. Mike Durdak will probably be there and he could easily freestyle if he is not consumed by 4A. I don't know if jmadrigal would be up to freestyle. Topper777 is in town and has the skill but he has said in the past that he wouldn't compete. Anybody else? On the other hand, it wouldn't be nice if all the freestyles are lousy because nobody prepared.
I guess Tad wouldn't be happy with us telling him so close to the contest, but he probably could squeeze us at the hotel stage with the yo-yo sports freestyles. And we would have to provide our own medals. I will ship the NSTC top to the winner.

2)Somebody proposes to host them at some juggling fest from here to the end of the year and enough players commit to participate.

3)We have a virtual (video) contest. I have several ideas of how this could be done so it is similar to having live contest without requiring streaming capability from the players. This is probably the more interesting option.

4)Consider 2016 a spintop leap year  ::)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: 2016 US Nationals
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 01:47:01 PM »

this makes jack sad  :'(

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 03:52:59 PM »

I will be there and would love to throw . I can say I will do my best if we have a competition. I just need to know soon for travel arangements.

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »

en que ciudad ser el evento ,,,,,y fechas

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 11:41:44 PM »

If yo-yo Nationals does not work out...

Kansas City Jugging festival is coming up, perhaps too soon; September 24 & 25. From the folks who are already going there should be at least 7 players there who can regen... but I don't know if we can pull enough people in to crown a National Champ?

The virtual idea intrigues me.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 01:12:28 AM »

en que ciudad ser el evento ,,,,,y fechas
The US National Yo-Yo Contest is in Los Angeles, September 16 and 17.

I will be there and would love to throw . I can say I will do my best if we have a competition. I just need to know soon for travel arangements.
If yo-yo Nationals does not work out...

Kansas City Jugging festival is coming up, perhaps too soon; September 24 & 25. From the folks who are already going there should be at least 7 players there who can regen... but I don't know if we can pull enough people in to crown a National Champ?

The virtual idea intrigues me.

Several possibilities there, but time is at a premium. We need to hear from more players: who can and wants to compete in LA? in Kansas? Who is interested in a virtual contest?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 10:42:19 AM »

If we have a virtual contest we can unite the US nats and the Canadian nats so that Jack can compete . . .  ;)

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 06:26:31 PM »

grax penze seria en dic el evento,,,,zaludoz,,,

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »

If we have a virtual contest we can unite the US nats and the Canadian nats so that Jack can compete . . .  ;)

That is most gracious sir ????
But if we make allowances for one we must make allowances for all....and that would turn into another worlds lol!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »

That is most gracious sir ????
But if we make allowances for one we must make allowances for all....and that would turn into another worlds lol!!!

I'll wait till Canadian nats, if I train hard I think I can beat the current champ.....oh wait.........

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »

Well, Canada (the English speaking part) is almost like part of the US (just colder and with universal healthcare). I was thinking that one way of making sure the freestyle was recorded in one try was to use a phone call: you don't have to enter a country code when calling Canada from the US . . . So I definitely think that you should compete if we have a virtual contest.

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 03:37:34 AM »

Would it be too much to ask for those who are interested in competing for spintop to contact the NYYC directly? I am guessing if there are at least 3-5 people, something could probably be done.

I had noticed spintops was absent from the program. It would be nice to put spintop competitors on the main stage.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

dazzlingdave

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • dazzlingdave.com
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 08:21:35 AM »

I'm willing to help out in any way. I would compete in LA if needed, although  I have spent more time making tops than playing with tops recently.

I am interested in doing what is best for the spin top community, whatever that might be!

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »

Well that would be at least two of us that will be there and willing to throw :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 12:30:08 PM »

Well that would be at least two of us that will be there and willing to throw :)

I guess we need just one more freestyle player. Perhaps Mike D.? Plus judges, as Val and Dale are not coming (probably first time for Dale since 2000).

I confess I was warming up to the idea of trying a virtual contest and perhaps having players like Tyler, Neff, Takeshi, Jon, Jack, etc. compete. But players who actually travel to a contest should be given priority.
Pages: 1 2 3   Go Up