iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jack's "Grade "EH" String" (now dead thx to photobucket)  (Read 106975 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Jack's "Grade "EH" String"
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2017, 02:38:49 PM »

2mm swagg @-@

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »

in case anyones interested in the tools i use  ;D

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2017, 11:27:03 PM »

Jack I love the string  you sent me. I am more than willing to pay for the BEST string in the WORLD. But I'm trying to get # 48 pound line which is .103 decimal diameter.  Spintastic  # 36 is .085 diameter, so anywhere from .095 to .103 should make a FANTASTIC high speed line for a top from 3.0 diameter to 4.0 diameter.
And how about a video of you making your line? And where you buy the material from.
SGT. KNOTS sells # 48 pound nylon line. But it comes in about 300 feet and I don’t even know how it works. At this time there is no good line for a 3 to 4 inch top.  Together we could make the BEST TOPS and STRING IN THE WORLD.
MAGIC NUMBER IS 2.4892 MM.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:31:23 PM by cecil »

TopEd

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2017, 01:08:20 AM »

Where could one procure one of these fine Canadian lines eh?

Diz

• Gold Member
Re: jack..........purveyor of neon top string since about 2 hrs ago @-@
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2017, 11:46:40 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't know what EH stands for?  :-[
Am I the only one who has a motorized string twister and has not made a single string yet?  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[

Is your motorized string twister custom made or are these devices available for purchase? My stock strings beginning to show wear....

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2017, 12:27:11 PM »

Am I the only one who has a motorized string twister and has not made a single string yet?  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[
Is your motorized string twister custom made or are these devices available for purchase? My stock strings beginning to show wear....

It is something similar to this (but a different brand/model): Fringe Twister

EDIT: this one has bad reviews, so you probably want to look for a better one.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:30:18 PM by ta0 »

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2017, 03:43:13 PM »

That's too bad. It looks just the thing for a small job like an occasional top string. Might not be as bad as the reviews suggest. If you try it out I'd like to hear if it works ????

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2017, 12:35:51 AM »

That's too bad. It looks just the thing for a small job like an occasional top string. Might not be as bad as the reviews suggest. If you try it out I'd like to hear if it works ????

listen listen...........electric powered rigs are so 2016 bruhs.....you need to be on that hand crank new new my dudes.....its time to go back to the basics....back to the basics.....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:04:39 AM by ta0 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2017, 05:16:30 AM »

4mm

5mm

was this really 10 years ago??? feel old man  :(

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »

I was mistaken, I have exactly the same model (it retrieved it from the attic where I had to put several boxes of top stuff). Just for you, I made a test 4x2 cord with some poly string I had around. Using it is a breeze. Had a cord made in less than a minute. Each post has a spring loaded hook that opens when you push from behind. However, the tension you can put is limited by the power of the motor (and I suspect also by the strength of the assembly). For tops I would recommend you look for something more heavy duty. I may try to make some real top strings ini the next couple of weeks (I need to get thread first).

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2017, 12:57:53 PM »

listen listen...........electric powered rigs are so 2016 bruhs.....you need to be on that hand crank new new my dudes.....its time to go back to the basics....back to the basics.....

Lol I don't mind the idea of hand cranking string but I want to find a geared mechanism that gives me a higher ratio of spins per crank! Beautiful job on this latest batch by the way!

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2017, 01:13:39 PM »

Thanks for taking the time out to test the machine Ta0. I'll keep looking or see if I can put something together myself.

TopEd

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2017, 05:46:44 PM »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2017, 12:08:14 AM »

Lol I don't mind the idea of hand cranking string but I want to find a geared mechanism that gives me a higher ratio of spins per crank!

ahhhh the burning desire for industrial progress  ;D

Beautiful job on this latest batch by the way!

thanks budd  ;)

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2017, 12:09:35 AM »

is that your rig there budd??? it looks heavy duty @-@
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:48:13 AM by ta0 »