iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: some questions about the yyf tops  (Read 3191 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
some questions about the yyf tops
« on: May 10, 2016, 10:46:19 AM »

so ive got a few questions here eh
first how in the world is this tip suppose to make the short circuit bearing?!?!?!?

it has no way of secure it into the body, one would think that you would compress it through the tip hole in the body and the to little hooks would spread out and hold it that way but as can be seen from the next pic the hole in the top is too large and the wholes in either one of the washers in the upgrade kit are too small  :P

on another note i thought the lugs in the next pictures were bearings however it turns out theyre actual just part of the casting....that is theyre one solid chunk  ??? is there only one bearing in the elektrick???

not dissapointed btw, excellent top.............im just a little confused at the moment  ;D

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
Re: some questions about the yyf tops
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:11:38 AM »

The tip in your first picture looks exactly like the one in my elec-trick bearing top.  Mine is an earlier model, but the tip looks the same.  I had trouble getting the prongs to hold the tip in place, so I eventually removed the cap and jammed a wooden wedge in there from the inside.  Problem solved....

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »

You're right, there is only one bearing in elec-trick...to make short circuit bearing you need tip and the bearing then you put bearing inside the big hole and then tip into the bearing  ;)

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 11:48:41 AM »

I too was confused.  When I saw that the plastic tip of the Short Circuit was exactly (almost) the same as a metal replacement included, I popped the metal tip in and screwed it down using the short rod, washer and nut included.  Seems to work fine, but there is a tiny lip where the new tip meets the body. Not even the width of a string.   :o

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »

I too was confused.  When I saw that the plastic tip of the Short Circuit was exactly (almost) the same as a metal replacement included, I popped the metal tip in and screwed it down using the short rod, washer and nut included.  Seems to work fine, but there is a tiny lip where the new tip meets the body. Not even the width of a string.   :o

Is it possible that the other washer provided goes between the tip and the top body?   Maybe that would take care of that lip.  I was surprised to find that the available upgrade kits contain no instructions....at all.

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 12:11:44 PM »

Is it possible that the other washer provided goes between the tip and the top body?   Maybe that would take care of that lip.  I was surprised to find that the available upgrade kits contain no instructions....at all.

The two washers provided do not have the same inner diameter so only one fits on the nut/rod.  Maybe lip is not the right word. I need to pull the metal tip further into the body.  I have a 'ledge' (?) where the barrel is still exposed.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 02:01:12 PM »

The tip in your first picture looks exactly like the one in my elec-trick bearing top.  Mine is an earlier model, but the tip looks the same.  I had trouble getting the prongs to hold the tip in place, so I eventually removed the cap and jammed a wooden wedge in there from the inside.  Problem solved....

thats the spirit!!! when in doubt shove wood into it  ;D

You're right, there is only one bearing in elec-trick...to make short circuit bearing you need tip and the bearing then you put bearing inside the big hole and then tip into the bearing  ;)

high ho high ho its off to bearing hunt i go....................

ya i tried that aswell but it made mine all out of whack balance wise  :'(
"not even the width of a string" good grief how big of a string are you using there eh lol  ;D

i was incredibly surprised that there wasnt any maintance instructions with the top eaither  :o i had to take a leap of faith that that cap as hard as it was to get off was indeed supposed to and wasnt glued  :P

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 02:26:09 PM »

ya i tried that as well but it made mine all out of whack balance wise  :'(

i was incredibly surprised that there wasnt any maintenance instructions with the top either  :o i had to take a leap of faith that that cap as hard as it was to get off was indeed supposed to and wasnt glued  :P

Perhaps you should re-read my review of the Energia tops and the replacement tips:
http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,3611.msg36919.html#msg36919

I haven't tried yet the new ones I got with the YYF brand. Did you experience the vibration problems I did with some combinations of top and tip?

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 04:25:41 PM »

ya i tried that as well but it made mine all out of whack balance wise  :'(

i was incredibly surprised that there wasnt any maintenance instructions with the top either  :o i had to take a leap of faith that that cap as hard as it was to get off was indeed supposed to and wasnt glued  :P

Perhaps you should re-read my review of the Energia tops and the replacement tips:
http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,3611.msg36919.html#msg36919

I haven't tried yet the new ones I got with the YYF brand. Did you experience the vibration problems I did with some combinations of top and tip?

you should know by now jack pesters people with questions first.......only then does he put his big boy pants on and research  ;D
ya when i jury rigged the metal "bearing" tip into the body i got vibrations but only when it was going fast  :P