iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: sink gaskets+RC+stb tip= @-@  (Read 3099 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
sink gaskets+RC+stb tip= @-@
« on: April 06, 2016, 02:55:28 PM »

behold gentlemen.......a brakethrough has been made.......@-@....... we no longer are forced to modify the actual body of an rc/bk to get a stb tip to fit accuratly.....@-@............behold............sink gaskets man.........sink gaskets.........@-@.............

i got tired and didnt do the second gasket  ::) instead i used a turreted gasket that kind of self centred itself for the inside bushing.
this is very well balanced much to my surprise what with the eyeballing it with the inside bushing and washer eh  :o never have i had an RC so balanced  ;D

what ya think about that there eh???

EDIT: i forgot mention ths method only works if your aiming for a fixed tip........cus that tip aint goin nowhere jammed in those rubber gaskets lol  ;D

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:47:43 PM by Jack »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: sink gaskets+RC+stb tip= @-@
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:41:11 AM »

That is a really good idea if you do not want to modify or damage the RC/BK. Somewhere there is probably a rubber washer that does not need modification.
But, personally, I would carry on modding it by also replacing the body  :P

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 06:30:00 PM »

That is a really good idea if you do not want to modify or damage the RC/BK. Somewhere there is probably a rubber washer that does not need modification.
But, personally, I would carry on modding it by also replacing the body  :P

thanks ta0  ;D
#BK/RC4Lyfe  ;D

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:51:00 PM »

I need to try this.  I love my BKs, but find the stock tips to be their Achille's heel.  I have a pair that Chris Neff nodded for me, and I love them, but the Duncan tips just don't last.

I'm convinced I can find the washers, but I need to find some of those steel tips....

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:54:39 PM »

I need to try this.  I love my BKs, but find the stock tips to be their Achille's heel.  I have a pair that Chris Neff nodded for me, and I love them, but the Duncan tips just don't last.

I'm convinced I can find the washers, but I need to find some of those steel tips....

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/374/Strummol8-Replacement-Spin-Top-Tips
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:00:23 AM by ta0 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 10:00:42 PM »

BK is bae @-@. i dont really enjoy the stb tip design as much as the C tip but hey it was vast improvement for my old faithful that i screwed up with jb welding the C tip in  ;D spins like a dream now  8)
cecil modded a BK/RC tip with a power drill and hacksaw and from the vid that made a huuuuge improvement, thinking ill try that soon and see how that goes......hell of alot less expensive i would say lol!  ;D