iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Milestone! Regen!  (Read 11359 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: Milestone! Regen!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 12:00:35 AM »

Thanks for asking Mike.  I am on track to completely embarrass myself at the worlds. I recently bought extra tops to drop while on stage.  (insert Jack saying "You can do it!") I am however having fun with the slow progress.  Last week I had one of those slumps and struggled with zero progress.  I still have trouble getting enough speed to do other tricks between regen tricks.  I can however take a nearly dead top in my my hand and get it back up to enough speed that the precession is not frantic.  I ran all my strings through the laundry and this helps a lot. I can do several sewing machines under the left leg in a row (inside to out), My roller coasters (sometimes) have a very upright and reasonably stylish look to them. Drumbeat is not consistent.  On Neff's suggestion I have begun work on Joker Choker.  I can see the advantage, but I have a long way to go before it is comfortable and smooth.  I have been able to regen several different sized tops from the JohnM RotoTop down to the King Cobra. Now and then I am working on orbits and what ever the trick is called when you do orbits a full length over your head.  I am also working on some bearing tricks and have a new combo trick called 4 corners of the globe.
It is getting quite hot down here in Georgia so we have been throwing mostly in the evenings.  I find it gets a bit harder to regen about half an hour after sunset. :) My new white TG helps with this.
Your prompting me to write this has been a good reminder of how far I have come.  Thanks again
Kirk
PS Rachel is also improving a lot. She is way more consistent. She too is having trouble catching trapeze throws after dark.

damn you beet me to it....ill say it anyway: you can do eeeeeeeet!!! ;D
i greatly look forward to seeing "4 corners of the globe" eh  :o
that full orbit thingy at full string length behind you and whatnot that ta0 did on that video......i am convinced its impossible for mortal men to accomplish  ;D