iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How To Play Tujlub  (Read 43579 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: How To Play Tujlub
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2015, 08:13:02 PM »

The Hmong Freedom Celebration is the biggest tujlub tournament in the US. The tournament takes place over July 4th Independence Day weekend in Minnesota.  The 1st place prize is $3,000, $2,000 for 2nd place, and $1,500 for 3rd place.

I will post information about upcoming tujlub tournament when the time is near.

Great! The forum has a calendar and you can also add them there.

Hey, Dazzling Dave: you are from Minneapolis! And you are good at battle tops! This is right up your alley! You need to assemble a team! Spinnesota lives in Excelsior, not far away. You just need three more players. I'll join you and be the sixth one for the competition! What do you think? Team Whiplash?  ;)

dazzlingdave

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • dazzlingdave.com
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2015, 07:42:14 AM »

Sounds like fun, but I usually book Yo-Yo shows that weekend!
Work never ends when you are a Yo-Yo pro! (And you love it!)

TujLub

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2015, 08:30:53 AM »

I have uploaded a video on How to Throw a Tujlub on the first page.

Watch. Learn. Practice.

If you have any questions, I will answer them!!!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:17:27 PM by TujLub »

TujLub

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2015, 10:16:43 PM »

This video will show a better angle how each player tosses a tujlub. Each player has a different way of throwing. Once you have the basics on how to toss a tujlub, you will come up your own way of throwing your tujlub.

Watch and observe carefully on how each players throws their tujlub.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:37:18 AM by TujLub »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »

Thanks! Good video.

I hope to have my tujlubs sometime next week. I am sure I will have questions when I get them.

TujLub

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2015, 10:47:26 AM »

Feel free to ask anything!

Tujlub is fun and addictive once you get into it.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2015, 09:15:19 PM »

(I moved some of the posts about buying the tujlub to the other thread)

I was practicing the throw today. I think I can throw pretty well in that the tujlub flies spinning with the tip down, but the problem is going to be accuracy. The targets are quite far. And the last stage at 70 ft away is a long, long way away! I think lots of practice will be needed to become accurate.

I noticed that if the hand with the top does the throwing and the hand with the whip just follows, I get a more accurate throw. But the top does not go as far.
If instead I lead with the whip, so most of the strength of the throw comes from the whip, I can throw quite a bit farther. Also the top spins faster. But then I am much less accurate. But I really like how this whip throw "feels".
Perhaps the secret is to perfectly balance the impulse given by the hand and the one from the whip. Practice, practice . . .

TujLub

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2015, 10:33:40 PM »

Yes!! Balance is everything!!

Throwing a tujlub is like bowling. The energy generates from the moment you take a step. As you take a step forward at a time, the energy flows from your feet and upward your body. When you release your tujlub, the energy gets release. Once the tujlub is release from your hand, your arm and upward body follows thru. Depending on which hand is use to throw the tujlub, one of the leg balances your body with other the leg follows thru.

As the target gets further and further, you want to throw the tujlub higher each time. You do not need to worry about having the tujlub to spin as much when throwing the tujlub at great distance. Therefore, you just need to focus more on throwing and less on the whip. You just need to apply more spin/whip when hitting Stage 1.   

You can also throw the tujlub over shoulder instead of throwing/swinging your arm from your side. Throwing over shoulder is more accurate than throwing/swinging your arm from your side. When you throw over shoulder, your arm slightly bends 90 degree and the tip of the tujlub or metal piece is facing side way. When you release the tujlub over shoulder, the arm follows thru and the stick just need to point outward. Your hand holding the tujlub just need to focus on power and follow thru.

This video will show players throwing over shoulder by slightly bending their arms 90 degree. If you look closely, the tip or metal piece of the tujlub is facing sideways when throwing over shoulder.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:02:47 PM by TujLub »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2015, 11:12:31 PM »

A little video showing my spin on the ground:

It may look that I am wrapping it the wrong way at the end, but that is because I am holding the tujlub with the tip to my right (to have the feather at the end of the string out of the way).

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2015, 12:12:20 AM »

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I know in the past when we had our fighting club it was a lot of fun hitting the other top and then coming up with some smart remark. Fighing and Tricks go well together. It breaks it up. And it's a lot easier to learn fighting than tricks. I hope this catches on. I'm still trying to find the site you can buy the 3 1/2 diamenter plastic.

TujLub

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2015, 07:30:53 AM »

Your spin is good! Just keep on practicing!

From the moment you release your tujlub, bend your knee at 120° and lean forward when hitting close range.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »

Here is a lucky shot at about 46ft to the target. I used an overhand shot. The tujlub was the larger one.

Of course, like in bowling, even a beginner can make a strike from time to time.

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2015, 02:26:48 PM »

Good Throw!!!!  Congratulations!!!!   :)

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2015, 04:21:05 PM »

Here is a lucky shot at about 46ft to the target. I used an overhand shot. The tujlub was the larger one.

Of course, like in bowling, even a beginner can make a strike from time to time.

very impressive!!! you look like uve been throwing this type of top for a good while eh, spiffy spiffy spiffy  :o
well done sir!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:51:05 PM by ta0 »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »

A little video showing my spin on the ground:

It may look that I am wrapping it the wrong way at the end, but that is because I am holding the tujlub with the tip to my right (to have the feather at the end of the string out of the way).

how the heck did i miss this video when you posted it!?!??! :o
it didnt take you very long to get good at using this type of top then eh @-@
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:51:16 PM by ta0 »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up