iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ebay seller back on line  (Read 3185 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Ebay seller back on line
« on: November 19, 2014, 08:30:41 AM »

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Ebay seller back on line
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

I would like to see Mexico, make a four inch Cobra. At $40.00.

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:36:20 AM »

I'd like to know if they are bearing or fixed tip just so I know what I'd be getting into. I want to order a few, but the only response I get is:

"
Sorry dont know what you mean yo ask.
Regards

-made-in-mexico-2013-1"

Clearly, that person is just moving product. That's fine too. But, if anyone has some answers, let me know. I'm debating order a few of them for myself and some friends.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:44:36 AM »

I'd like to know if they are bearing or fixed tip just so I know what I'd be getting into. I want to order a few, but the only response I get is:

"
Regards

-made-in-mexico-2013-1"

Clearly, that person is just moving product. That's fine too. But, if anyone has some answers, let me know. I'm debating order a few of them for myself and some friends.

from what i understand im pretty sure most of those are fixed tip, not very helpful i know

studio42

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 02:18:07 AM »

"
Regards

-made-in-mexico-2013-1"

from what i understand im pretty sure most of those are fixed tip, not very helpful i know

That's what I was assuming. But, you know way more than I do, and the prices, it certainly makes sense.

I'm gonna order a few anyways. Myself and 2 friends will appreciate throwing these.

Thanks for the assumption. I bet it's probably correct.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 11:13:01 PM »

Mexican tops with bearing tips are called "turbo". None of those are.

By the way, the King Cobra on that list has the plastic ring, not the metal one.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 01:05:07 AM »

I would like to see more top throwers throwing bigger tops. Making a big top takes a lot of time, that a lot of people don't have. I am retired. And it is still a pain to make a four inch top. It takes a good lathe if you want a steal tip. And we have a lot of small tops to choose from.

studio42

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 01:25:45 AM »

Mexican tops with bearing tips are called "turbo". None of those are.

By the way, the King Cobra on that list has the plastic ring, not the metal one.

Thanks for the information. I think I'll scour the list and see what I might be interested in purchasing. A lot look really neat.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 02:04:05 PM »

"Sorry dont know what you mean yo ask."
"Bearing tip" would not translate well to Spanish.

Check out http://www.tromposcometa.mx/ for info on the Cometa tops. (and good trick (trucos) tutorials)
I can not find a factory website for Premier

By the way who makes this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEXICO-MEXICAN-TOY-FOUR-TROMPO-METALIC-SPIN-TOP-SPINNING-/251633502026?pt=Classic_Toys_US&hash=item3a9686874a
The belt clip is not one I have seen before.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:02:44 PM by Kirk »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 04:52:11 PM »

Ball bearings are called in several different ways in different Spanish speaking countries. However, I think punta de rodamiento would be understood everywhere. Punta de balero is a common name in Mexico. On the other hand, back in my old country, if they had bearing tip tops, they would call them trompos con punta de rulemanes.

By the way who makes this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEXICO-MEXICAN-TOY-FOUR-TROMPO-METALIC-SPIN-TOP-SPINNING-/251633502026?pt=Classic_Toys_US&hash=item3a9686874a
The belt clip is not one I have seen before.
The spintop, Metalic, is made by the Mexican brand Alien. The holsters are the typical Alien holsters.
I have a Metalic somewhere. The crown spinning is a little intimidating.