iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: spintastics "C" tip  (Read 7939 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
spintastics "C" tip
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »

just wondering will the "C" tip from spintastics fit the quicksilver? or am i going to have to try and butcher the "D" tip into a diabolo shape  @_@

jrodriguez

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
Re: spintastics "C" tip
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »

The C tip does fit and it's an awesome setup for the QS, though you might need to wrap it in a bit of thin plastic (something like a piece of grocery bag) when you insert it into the top body to get it to stay put.
Fearless leader of the Finger Lakes Yoyo Club - PM me for info!
JRod's Yoyo Mods - https://www.flickr.com/photos/jrodsyoyomods/

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:07:18 PM »

The C tip does fit and it's an awesome setup for the QS, though you might need to wrap it in a bit of thin plastic (something like a piece of grocery bag) when you insert it into the top body to get it to stay put.

thank you very much sir for your speedy answer!!!!!!!!!

Sabaspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:12:18 PM »

My QS came with a C-Tip, it fits the shape of the top perfectly. I think it is glued on.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 11:54:01 PM »

haha!!!!!!!!!!!! they arrived this morning!!!!!!!! to be quit honest im not sure how i feel about this new tip on my QSH, it really acts in a different way than before, preccesses alot faster which im not too keen on but i can regenerate to a higher speed and stay on the string better than before so i guess it works out in the end.......

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:08:28 AM by Jack »

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:15:08 AM »

I put the C tip on the Ripcord, and almost all my small tops.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »

I put the C tip on the Ripcord, and almost all my small tops.

i was wondering about that, does the "C" tip improve play in the smaller tops?

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 11:33:44 PM »

The weight alone gives light plastic tops a better feel.  I think the angle of the C tip is a bit too obtuse, but it is great for regenerating as long as it does not bend.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 07:37:42 PM »

if a man has not performed this mod to this bearing king..........he has not lived. putting a c tip into this bk incredibly improved its performance. i had to jb-weld the tip in though cus the plastic bag shim just wouldnt work for me on this, good grief this thing plays great

jrodriguez

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »

I just stuck a C tip into a Ripcord last night, and it really does make a huge difference. I had to cut out a fair bit of the plastic that separates the two bearing areas to get the tip to fit, but it's wasn't a big deal to do.

I have a question about altering the shape of the plastic just above the tip. The plastic and tip don't meet super well - there's a bit of a lip that affects winding. I'm inclined to throw the body in my lathe and reshape it so that there's a smoother joint, but I'm worried that the plastic might be too thin. Has anyone tried this?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:16:15 PM by jrodriguez »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 06:30:59 PM »

I just stuck a C tip into a Ripcord last night, and it really does make a huge difference. I had to cut out a fair bit of the plastic that separates the two bearing areas to get the tip to fit, but it's wasn't a big deal to do.

I have a question about altering the shape of the plastic just above the tip. The plastic and tip don't meet super well - there's a bit of a lip that affects winding. I'm inclined to throw the body in my lathe and reshape it so that there's a smoother joint, but I'm worried that the plastic might be too thin. Has anyone tried this?

ya i had to resort to a drill running backwards to get that rectangular part out. im interested what did you use to glue the tip in? my jb weld didnt stick in the end, it still works because its a good pressure fit but i have to reset the tip in the body every once in a while by smacking it into a piece of wood lol
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:21:04 PM by ta0 »

jrodriguez

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 07:11:20 PM »

I drilled it just wide enough to be able to hammer the tip into place. So far it's held just fine, but I'm guessing I'll try some super glue if it ends up coming out.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »

I drilled it just wide enough to be able to hammer the tip into place. So far it's held just fine, but I'm guessing I'll try some super glue if it ends up coming out.

i have no clue how you drilled that hole centered without having to drill the whole damn thing out lol
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:20:34 PM by Jack »

jrodriguez

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 11:24:56 PM »

I chucked the body in my lathe and then slowly cut with a boring tool, checking occasionally to see if the top could be smashed into place. The centering was largely the result of the shape of the tip body fitting well into the bearing chamber area, rather than any skill on my part.  :)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 01:22:15 AM »

Funny coincidence.  I did the this same thing today to an old beat up rip-cord.  Mine had two broken spots in the crown where the pins used to be.  Chucked it all up in the lathe, put it on a diet, turned down the body smooth and made a solder groove + weight ring ala-Neff.  Plays a treat!  Wanted to hold the thing together with a Bad armor (soda bottle) shrink wrap, but I'm short on plastic bottles and aint got no heat gun, so it's tape for now...  I did try to to melt a misfit Gatorade bottle with a butane torch, but no luck.  Actually much luck--I didn't burn myself or my house  ;D

I'd stuck one of these tips in a ripcord I gave to friend a while back but didn't have one for me self till today :)  Definitely big improvement--much more fun to play in my opinion.
Erratic Wobbler