iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: hornet+snag+skull=pain  (Read 8082 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
hornet+snag+skull=pain
« on: August 27, 2014, 02:49:57 AM »

well i was filming my application for the 24 trick award patch tday and all went according to plan until a very attractive young lady drove into the neighbours driveway on her bike and it kind of took my mind off what i was doing and then all hell broke loose and my hp hornet came back at my face at 1000mph and just about broke my nose now i cant hardly breath out the thing lol anyway heres the vid i was filming if anybodys interested in hearing my skull knock like a coconut its at 4:27 but allow me to warn you that theres a bit of course language which ensued which i do believe im entitled to utter considering the circumstance, that thing hit me so hard i forgot which trick i had to do next and i started doing the 2 wirewalkers again lol, also at the end of the vid i tacked on the impact part again at 1/4 speed for your enjoyment at 9:32 ;)
tops used: red splash bearing quicksilver hybrid
               black HP hornet fixed tip

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:30:16 AM by Jack »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: hornet+snag+skull=pain
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »

I was reading your post and was going to say "you are hilarious" until I saw the top come back and hit you at 4:31.  That was quite an impact.  Yow!!!  Hope you are ok.  It kind of reminds me of one of the times Dale Oliver showed up at our top festival with a big red mark on his eyeball.  He revealed that one of his quicksilvers had come back and got him in the eye!!!  Hope you don't have any residual effects from your accident.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:29:25 AM »

Uff, that hurt!
But you achieved all the tricks without problem. Are you doing the patches in backward order?  :D

I am planning to film the tricks for my ta0 patch in the next few weeks. Before that I may need to design a temporary Neff patch to add to my signature ;)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 12:24:27 PM »

ouch!! ;D ;D
i can hear the ding : Huff !

wishing you a prompt recovery ;)
and to cheer you up
look at this page on the french yoyo forum :-X
http://www.yoyos.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5379&start=20

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 12:31:46 PM »

What a whack Jack!
Oh no….I’m rhyming…must stop that... (I hope Cecil doesn’t notice it.)

I hope the swelling and pain dissipates quickly.

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »

Please do not let that stop you from playing we all know that only hurts for a little while. I know that does not help while it is hurting but it will be better soon.
Practice hard and play safe.

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 01:27:16 PM »

Jack, I watched this closely, as I'm also trying to achieve my 24 trick patch and am looking for tips on one particular trick.

I think the knock to the noggin may have loosened your memory, as I did not see the Drumbeat.  Which of course is the current bane of my existence. Did I miss it?  All the other tricks were great.

Hope the skull feels better.

yollector

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

OUCH  :o

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »

I was reading your post and was going to say "you are hilarious" until I saw the top come back and hit you at 4:31.  That was quite an impact.  Yow!!!  Hope you are ok.  It kind of reminds me of one of the times Dale Oliver showed up at our top festival with a big red mark on his eyeball.  He revealed that one of his quicksilvers had come back and got him in the eye!!!  Hope you don't have any residual effects from your accident.

lol yup im fine, from what it sounds like mr oliver was not so lucky  :o thanks i dont think my pretty face will be changed after the swelling goes down  ;)

Uff, that hurt!
But you achieved all the tricks without problem. Are you doing the patches in backward order?  :D

I am planning to film the tricks for my ta0 patch in the next few weeks. Before that I may need to design a temporary Neff patch to add to my signature ;)

yup lol it appears i am lol well what happened was i was originally only interested in the freestyle patch but then when i submitted it mr oliver asked if i had the 24 patch and then one thing lead to another and....poof a backpaching we go! (see what i did there eh nudge nudge wink wink  ;) lol). i cant wait to see the tricks involved in your patch, undoubtedly theyll be a challenge indeed  8)

ouch!! ;D ;D
i can hear the ding : Huff !

wishing you a prompt recovery ;)
and to cheer you up
look at this page on the french yoyo forum :-X
http://www.yoyos.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5379&start=20

jim

thank you jim! good grief it would appear im a very lucky cookie, those pictures dont look like those people had a very good day lol

What a whack Jack!
Oh no….I’m rhyming…must stop that... (I hope Cecil doesn’t notice it.)

I hope the swelling and pain dissipates quickly.

a whack indeed, lol. thank you larry  ;D

Please do not let that stop you from playing we all know that only hurts for a little while. I know that does not help while it is hurting but it will be better soon.

thanks dick, oh itll take an amputation of both my arms before ull see me stop spinning, theyll call me "armless jack" then and i will tell storys of my heyday and no one will listen because theyll think ive lost my head too  ;D thank you

Jack, I watched this closely, as I'm also trying to achieve my 24 trick patch and am looking for tips on one particular trick.

I think the knock to the noggin may have loosened your memory, as I did not see the Drumbeat.  Which of course is the current bane of my existence. Did I miss it?  All the other tricks were great.

yup lol ur absolutely right i only noticed i forgot it after i uploaded it last night, we'll see if itll pass inspection fingers crossed, i think i have a video from way back of me doing drumbeats back before i knew how to regenerate properly  :P drumbeats are a pain in the bum to try and learn  >:(

OUCH  :o

thank you sir  ;) lol

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 04:48:20 PM »

you know i just remembered when i first was learning "proper" drumbeats i found that a bearing tip really made things easier at the beginning since the string didnt have to drag against the tip so it was less apt to hold on and send the top angled out or for that matter not want to let go at all :( , maybe thatll help but anyway i wish you success in getting your 24 patch!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 05:14:49 PM »

You bring up an interesting point that I have thought about on a number of occasions.

In the juggling world there are several one armed jugglers.  Two in particular made significant contributions.  One was a youngster when I was around and eventually won the juniors with some fabulous numbers juggling and more.  The other was a professional who I saw on television a number of times.  I wonder when we will have a one armed top spinner in our midst?

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 05:59:34 PM »

I wonder when we will have a one armed top spinner in our midst?

ill get the axe be right back....................

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 11:24:38 AM »

Ouch!
I can not help but laugh at the trick at 3:12

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »

Ouch!
I can not help but laugh at the trick at 3:12

wait i thought thats how you do a blizzard isn it?  :-[

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »

If my counter is correct, I believe Kirk is referring to the very smooth and clever "Jack jean move".  Well done, sir!
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up