iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: From worlds in Prague  (Read 26397 times)

Hroch

• ITSA
Re: From worlds in Prague
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 04:05:00 AM »

So talking about worlds... It was a GREAT time with many great players. Thanks to all the international players who came there (ta0, Maurizio, Felix, Dale, Val, Alex, Marietta,...). Especially thanks ta0 for bringing many interesting tops, learning us different spintop games, telling nice stories from his spintop life and so on. He is really putting so much effort to top spinning.

Freestyles (just my short thoughts):
Tyler did really nice smooth routine without many mistakes. Daniel did probably more difficult tricks and more mistakes but had a solid performance points. I missed almost all high scored tricks so third place is not bad  :)  Ta0 had made professional show and when I saw his final combo after competition, it was outstanding! Jan was doing well, he is always little bit nervous on stage (well, everybody is) but this time he trained a lot and did a great routine. Alex started with super tricks, I like the footbag ones the most  ;) Marietta is a great player and it must be hard to be the only one spintop girl on the stage.

How much stage time did the one-way bearing get in the contest?  fixed tip?  any pure bearing at all?
Tyler used bearing STB2, me and Daniel used OWB Giulia.

Spintop photoscan be found in this galleries:
http://www.worldyoyocontest.com/2014worlds/photoreport-day-1/
http://www.worldyoyocontest.com/2014worlds/photoreport-day-2/  (already linked in this topic)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.889403074416844.1073741872.167084646648694

Me and ta0 are going to upload more photos and videos later  ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:53:09 AM by Hroch »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 04:48:30 AM »

Me and ta0 are going to upload more photos and videos later  ;)

ooo cant wait  ;) , i really enjoyed ur performance i thought it had a really awsome flow about it eh   :D

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 08:16:46 AM »

Thanks for all the info. on the tops and the corkscrew competition.  Glad to hear about all the passersby who were introduced to serious corkscrew work.  22 wraps is pretty incredible!  I also enjoyed the photos.  Nice t-shirt tuxedo, ta0!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 01:51:26 PM »

I am back at the hotel taking a rest after many hours walking in this beatiful city.

What can I say about the spintop brothers? Jakub and Daniel are such nice young men! They made sure I felt at home. I told their mother that she should be very proud of them but the truth is that I also feel proud of any motivation I may have given them to become such good players. I also want to mention Jakub's girlfriend Lada who was very supportive and patient.
Unfortunately, it did not occur to us until Tyler left to do regen passes. With roller coasters it was too easy so we complicated the passing until we tried 3 tops simultaneously.We were not succesful but I'll leave it as homework so they ca n try it with Jan or Tyler.  :D

Perhaps one of the biggest news is one that it seems I should not have found out so I will mention it first :P :  YYF is coming out with new tops, including a plastic one. I know it from two impecable sources, although Ben did not mentioned it when we talked. By the way he was the third judge.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »

YYF is coming out with new tops, including a plastic one. I know it from two impecable sources, although Ben did not mentioned it when we talked. By the way he was the third judge.

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 04:18:41 PM »

Small gallery here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.926485494032038.1073741830.851891878158067

If you guys, who have been there, are missing something just give me know  ;)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 08:10:43 PM »

I just have a couple more questions.  How was the stage?  Was the size similar to Orlando?  Was the surface carpeted?  How was the lighting?

Was anything said about 2016 worlds in the US?  Are they looking for a Florida location or somewhere else?  I assume they are looking at the same time frame as this year.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »

I just have a couple more questions.  How was the stage?  Was the size similar to Orlando?  Was the surface carpeted?  How was the lighting?

Was anything said about 2016 worlds in the US?  Are they looking for a Florida location or somewhere else?  I assume they are looking at the same time frame as this year.
The stage had wood floor and it was similar in dimensions to the one at the Rosen. The lighting was very good. The camera setup was top professional, really amazing. There was a room by the stage reserved for competitors to rehearse their routines but you had to share it with all divisions, not just the one next on stage. It had wood floors as also did zone in front of the stage, but we ended up throwing alot in less crowed places with tile floors (good that we were not throwing YYJ or Duncan).
One thing that could have bothered the contestants was that the judges had to hit a counter on top of the table to count the drops, so each time you missed they went kapung!

I did not hear anything about where in the  US the 2016 contest will be. Personally I prefer it is in a place I have not been before.  It helps me justify more the expense and vacation time. Coming to Prague was a much better use of my money than going back to the Rosen.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 04:09:56 PM by ta0 »

kyo

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »

Worlds 2016 is completely undetermined.. as far as I know Greg has first right of refusal on it, so it'll ultimately be up to him if he wants to do it or not (and no, I have no idea if he does.. he doesn't seem to know either). If he does, I'd guess it would be in Orlando but possibly not at the Rosen. There is also a chance it could be hosted in California, but I would suspect only if Greg decides he doesn't want to do it.. it has always been Orlando because it's easy to do from his location.

Kyle

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »

One thing that could have bothered the contestants was that the judges had to hit a counter on top of the table to count the drops, so each time you missed they went kapung!

i dont think that was a very professional thing for them to have done that in that manner, im not trying to get on anyone but ud think u guys were under enough stress as it was that the judges would be considerate enough to have used those counters that are hand held and maybe underneath the table eh?!?!?! im actually offended for some reason hearing this. were the judges top spinners themselves? that would have rattled me to the point of not being able to function i feel, this disturbs me, i cant believe u guys did so well with that going on  :o
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:00:29 PM by Jack »

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:17 AM »

Thanks everybody!!! It was a fun event! While I am very excited to win, I feel that Daniel should have either won or had a score very close to my own. I also think if Daniel had practiced for the corkscrew challenge he may have beat me there also. I had been practicing with my own long string for a few weeks before the contest.
I personally did not even hear the clickers on the tables so I cannot say much on that problem.

Has anybody found any videos yet? Jakub and Daniel: did your parents take any video?

Is Felix a member on this board?

A special thanks goes to Johnm for his generousity!  ;)

Hrosik

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • Daniel Konecny
    • Spintop.cz
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 06:59:46 AM »

I saw two judges clicking drops in front of me, like Jorge wrote, kapung, but it wasn't annoying at all for me, they just did their work, I'm good with that. And all of them were topspinners.

I'll practice more for next Corkscrew challenge, this time we made string, I tried it few times and that was all. And for the freestyles, I'm not sure how judges scored some tricks, so I don't know, but I made many mistakes, your routine was so clean.

We have recorded all freestyles, we upload them tomorrow when we get home. In meantime you can check livestream (link in this topic), there are all freestyles :)

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2014, 12:00:56 PM »

Freestyles are here
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-XAs_P0_hwV6cmwXooPz8PM_nIMPa45V

Working on Corkscrew challenge videos  ;)

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 12:59:53 PM »

...how many great players! I'm so proud of Tyler, is an honor to have him in my team! As usual Jakub and Daniel are great friends and I'm really happy to have finally meet Jorge, is like a Bible in spintop world!
All of them played so good and the new corkscrew record is amazing!

Maurizio

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »

I just got back home yesterday evening. What a wonderful trip!  I could finally meet in person many old cyber friends and make new spintop friends, had lots of quality spintop play, anecdotes and new experiences ;D  I am now exhausted and with lots of work-related emails and phone messages to answer, but I will try to post reports and photos as soon as I can. I have not yet seen the videos and photos already posted.

Unfortunately, Ludo had a last minute second problem and we couldn't meet  :(  But I did leave a souvenir in Paris: a brand new Chico 2.0 spintop at the bottom of Seine river!  :'(  I was trying to frame a photo taking advantage of the Paris Plages event. It was the same top with which I ended up my routine spinning on my finger. It had a short but good life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up