iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: efficiency of regeneration  (Read 3449 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
efficiency of regeneration
« on: August 06, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »

can someone lay out to me in order of efficiency the list of regeneration tricks? or maybe refer me to where such a layout is? i know its a mighty task but it would be greatly appreciated  :o

Hroch

• ITSA
Re: efficiency of regeneration
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 05:53:47 AM »

Quite difficult task, I think that everyone has different opinion. But according to me, most efficient trick is joker choker (disadvantage is that top must be spinning faster to begin regen), then rollercoaster, sewing machine, drumbeat, toboganes. Other tricks are usually less efficient but it always depend on your skill with each trick. It can be interesting to measure RPM after snap start and doing for example 20 reps of different regens. Maybe I'll do it one day  :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 08:35:41 AM »

I agree with Jakub's list. I would add a high trapeze (suicide) as a high efficiency regen. Because you can do it with the top spinning slower than for joker choker, you may want to do it before going into them.
As examples of medium efficiency regens, I would put wheel of fortune and barrel rolls. An example of a low efficiency regens would would be full orbits (and some of the tricks only Salvador does  ::) ).

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:46:48 PM »

I agree with Jakub's list. I would add a high trapeze (suicide) as a high efficiency regen. Because you can do it with the top spinning slower than for joker choker, you may want to do it before going into them.
As examples of medium efficiency regens, I would put wheel of fortune and barrel rolls. An example of a low efficiency regens would would be full orbits (and some of the tricks only Salvador does  ::) ).

Quite difficult task, I think that everyone has different opinion. But according to me, most efficient trick is joker choker (disadvantage is that top must be spinning faster to begin regen), then rollercoaster, sewing machine, drumbeat, toboganes. Other tricks are usually less efficient but it always depend on your skill with each trick. It can be interesting to measure RPM after snap start and doing for example 20 reps of different regens. Maybe I'll do it one day  :)

thanks guys its been something ive been wondering for awhile now

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 09:14:53 PM »

Joker choker will definately get you more spin than any other regen.  Pumpless drumbeat is the most efficient regeneration IMO,  maximum gain with minnimal effort.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 09:32:06 PM »

Interesting that would you say that, Neff.  I always felt like the drumbeat did a pretty good job of regenerating but I never had any proof or other info.  It just felt good.  Without realizing it, I often go to that move for consistent regeneration.  Your "maximum gain with minimal effort" comment says exactly what I was feeling.  Thanks!

One difference is that I do find myself doing more pumping drumbeat than pumpless drumbeat.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:57:24 AM by the Earl of Whirl »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »

Glad you agree, Mike!  Yes, nothing wrong with pumping the drumbeat, without though it just feels more "pure" to me.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 02:39:34 PM »

On tricks where there is a string wrap on the tip, you should get a little more efficiency by increasing the string contact area with the tip right at the time you pull...you can do this by exaggerating the amount of overlap the string makes with the tip.  Prolly harder to explain than to do...  :D
Erratic Wobbler