iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: For those that like planes . . . (Super Trompo sky series)  (Read 3872 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
For those that like planes . . . (Super Trompo sky series)
« on: October 31, 2009, 12:54:18 AM »

The Mexican brand Super Trompo is one of Salvador's favorites. They feel solid, with good plastic (polycarbonate I think), and have a bold crown with attractive designs. Like other Mexican tops it has different designs carved on the inside of the crown so they look 3D relief from the outside. Silver paint on the inside increases the contrast. The brand name is also carved on the crown. The only thing I don't like is the series name, which is painted on the outside of the body and will obviously be lost with play.

There are several series of motifs. The Sky series has planes, choppers and spaceships as you can see.

The other series of Super Trompos for which Salvador send me a good quantity of examples is Animals. Much less I have from the Car, Can (dog) and Dragon series. I do have a good quantity of the Prisma model, which has a faced outer surface and only one design on the crown: the Superman logo which is iconic of the brand.

I expect to be posting pictures of Salvador's tops for a couple of weeks  ::)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 10:08:30 AM by ta0 »

Jeromy K.

Re: For those that like planes . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 01:51:09 AM »

I think you are having way too much fun going through that stack of tops.  I am jealous.  ;)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: For those that like planes . . . (Super Trompo sky series)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »

How do you like those buttons?  They look good.  Love the pics--keep 'em comming!
Erratic Wobbler