iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rip-King  (Read 9142 times)

gunhawk7

• Newsletter26
  • Gold Member
Re: Rip-King
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 04:36:32 PM »

gunhawk - just get the kit already!  ::)  ;D
All Duncan BK tips are plastic with a metal bearing, they are all the same, and they all fit Rip Chords, and Rip Chords are the exact same mold as BKs.  Ya just stick it in the hole.  The only difficulty is if you decide to install the second bearing - which is completeley optional.  You install the second bearing from inside the top.  To do this, i reccommend using a bolt with wingnuts and washers to "squeeze" the bearing in its hole evenly.  You can leave the second bearing in there and put the fixed tip back in if you so choose.  Once you see the kit in person it will all make sense, I promise.  If not, we can set up a video conference.

Thanks.  I will.  One last question.  Does a BK come out of the package with one bearing or two?

I  beginning to wonder about my communications skills. LOL

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »

Well ya got me there, 'cause I've never opened a bearing king package.  My servants to that for me.  Just kidding, but I seriously don't know.  Also, I'm pretty sure the "kit" does not come with the extra bearing, but you could order one from I.I. - same bearing as in the Freehand.  I've always used BK's with both bearings, but that may be because the BK's I have are prototypes and the lid is friggin' super-glued on, you can't get the bearing out!  This was before Flambeau had figured out the locking mechanism for the cap.  Other bearing tops work just fine with one bearing, should be the same for the BK.

kevinm

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 05:56:37 PM »

i forgot the question?
anyways, a bearing king came w/a spare fixed axle, just to add to the confusion here.
the bearing king replacement tip kit you can get from II, has two loaded bearing axles.
if you want to do two rip-cords,  you need two more bearings for the insides.
gunhawk, if you remove the tip from the ripcord, you will see the fixed tip has a round end where it enters the
body, that recess in the body is exactly the size to receive the bearing from the bearing king axle.
when you open the top and look into the bottom of the body, you will see a round hole there too, it wil take the other
bearing, you just have to shove it in there, it is a tight fit, but it's just plastic, so you know, just tap it in with something, then you can put the bk tip in from the bottom, replace the little oring, and you are done.
honestly it's very easy, i have even done it sober.

gunhawk7

• Newsletter26
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »

>>i forgot the question?<<

ROTFLMAO!!  Is this a pisser or what?

>>honestly it's very easy<<

I recall my Air Force recruiter telling me the same thing about Basic Training. (-:

Thanks for your help man.  I'll shout out to you guys when i get the kit.

Ed

kevinm

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »

live and learn, please help put the word out,
NEVER believe a recruiter.

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »

in case you're wondering...

a bearing king comes with the inside bearing pre-installed. that's one of the differences between BK and ripcord. the BK also has a weight ring (big o-ring) that goes in the cap. besides those two differences, they are identical. the BK was designed to play as a fixed or bearing top and comes with both kinds of tips in the package as yocephus said.

gunhawk7

• Newsletter26
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 08:28:45 PM »

>>in case you're wondering...<<

...and I always am. (-:

>>a bearing king comes with the inside bearing pre-installed. <<

A-HA!  The plot thickens...and I learn a little more. (-: