iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Question for Ta0...  (Read 2267 times)

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
Question for Ta0...
« on: October 25, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »

Ta0, are the trick flyers that come in the Duncan recreation packs copied from the 1960's Duncan official spin top book?  I don't have that book and was wondering what it looks like.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:02:15 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Question for Ta0...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 09:59:54 AM »

All the photos used in the flier are from the booklet. But many in the flier are cropped (generally Don decapitated) and re-sized smaller. Curiously, I just realized the bullseye was mirrored in the book (but not the flier) so Don appears to be left handed. Of course the book has many more pictures.

I am surprised you don't have it. Give me your snail address and I'll send you the extra one I have :-* I'll just ask in return you tell us from where did you get your Japanese tops!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:01:44 AM by ta0 »

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
Re: Question for Ta0...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 11:52:05 AM »

That's a deal!!!   ;D  Sorry, I forgot about that, I was just curious to see if you were able to find out my source...it took me a long time to find them and a lot of searching but I finally found a site called Japan-toys.

Scroll down the page until you find the heading "Traditional Japan".  If I remember correctly, the first two sub headings have koma.

http://www.japan-toys.com/p-japan-toys/index-us.htm