iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Complete list of tricks for tutorials  (Read 2428 times)

Hroch

• ITSA
Complete list of tricks for tutorials
« on: March 03, 2013, 01:19:49 PM »

Guys around slusny.net website have started making of spintop tutorials (watch their awesome yoyo tutorials here http://slusny.net/index.php/tutorials.html). They started with these tricks:
wind up and throw a top (spinner)
whip
Vashek's merry go round
under the leg boomerang
trapeze
spinner scoop
sky rocket
rollercoaster
merry go round
hackey top
gyroscopic flop
crazy 8
corkscrew
bondage

They're releasing them in about two months. I talked to them and want to help them with making more spintop tutorials (probably with Daniel and maybe Jan and Tyler too), so I should prepare 50 or more spintop tricks. But I need a help from you guys with making a list of spintop tricks which definitely should have tutorial.

I suggest to start with this list (not perfect but I think it is a good place to start, about 70 tricks) http://www.jugglingpower.ic.cz/top.html
I hope ta0 can make the basic list (according to my opinion he knows many tricks, many variation etc.) and others can add tricks later.

I'll try to record each trick at home and you tell me if I'm doing it properly. Of course I can't do every trick but I'll do my best to learn all of tricks in the list. Then we'll go to Prague and record tutorials with slusny team.

I hope you like this idea if we can make it will be great for spintop community  :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Complete list of tricks for tutorials
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:55:19 PM »

The quality of the yo-yo video tutorials on that site is very good, and it will be excellent for the community if they do the same for spintops.

I think a comprehensive (but never complete) list of tricks would be nice, but it is independent from the tutorial list.  It is unlikely we will ever see over a hundred good tutorials. I think we need to prioritize the most important tutorials, say 30.  After those are ready, others can be added.

I have an old comprehensive list of tricks that I need to update and then I'll post it. I will also try to come up with a list of tutoriasl in priority order. But if anybody wants to see a particular tutorial, this is your opportunity to make your request!

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:54 AM »

Actually it's not a big problem to make a hundred tutorials. They made about 150 tutorials in past two weeks and now they are releasing one or two every day (including spintop ones). It depends on players and their skill. But maybe it's better to start slowly. It will be great if you post 30 tricks which are important according to you and we will see if it's possible to record them in Prague in one day  :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »

They probably have several yo-yo fanatics making those tutorials.  I hope they are committed to tops.  Even if you can edit one tutorial every 15 minutes, 100 tutorials is 25 straight hours on the computer . . .

A tutorial should not just show the trick, but explain the important parts, for example with slow motion and different points of view.  It takes some work and planning.

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »

I know the guys about slusny.net, just trust me, they can make it  ;) it will be same as yoyo tutorials and in yoyo tutorials they have different angles, slow motion etc. I'm not sure how long did them take to edit the videos but recording is fast. Main guys in the background are Kuba and Ondra Kroutil. Ondra's showreel or making tutorials:

They said me that it's not problem to make 50 spintop tutorials in one day (just recording part) but I need to prepare them. And I think that you know better names of tricks and importance of them ;)
So if you have some time it would be great to prepare the list of tutorials you want to see.