iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Finger tops  (Read 2627 times)

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
Finger tops
« on: December 28, 2012, 03:15:27 PM »

My finger tops in wood of Boj, ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF-dmm23QTI
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:20:26 PM by trompillo »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Finger tops
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:58:17 PM »

Did you try to make a  tippe-top (flip-over)? One of them surely looks like one.  But the surface and top may be too smooth for flipping.

Tops dancing to the music is always a nice sight.

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »

Did you try to make a  tippe-top (flip-over)? One of them surely looks like one.  But the surface and top may be too smooth for flipping.

Tops dancing to the music is always a nice sight.
;D ;D ;D
I tried to make one of these tops, but not like make her, only it turns in a position, if it can explain to me since doing it it be be grateful.
Como devería hacerlo para que cambie de posicion mientras gira? no logro entender el funcionamiento.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 01:30:06 AM »

Nice lathe work!
The key to a flip over top is the balance point must be very low.  Notice that your top leans over when stopped.  A flip over top will rest with the stem straight up.  2 ways to do this are: A thinner finger stem to make less weight up high, Or adding metal to the bottom. (top after flipping)

The outer surface should be a sphere. I do not know how accurate the sphere needs to be.
Kirk

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 03:57:43 AM »

Nice lathe work!
The key to a flip over top is the balance point must be very low.  Notice that your top leans over when stopped.  A flip over top will rest with the stem straight up.  2 ways to do this are: A thinner finger stem to make less weight up high, Or adding metal to the bottom. (top after flipping)

The outer surface should be a sphere. I do not know how accurate the sphere needs to be.
Kirk
Thank you¡ I will try to do it again, to seeing if I obtain it. >:D >:D