iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: News from Trompos Space  (Read 5631 times)

trompillo

• Superhero member
News from Trompos Space
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »

New Mercurio, Neptuno Roller & Mercurio Gold
This is the link:
http://www.saturnotruco.com/tienda/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:09:36 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: News from Trompos Space
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 10:29:01 PM »

The three new products are:

Neptuno Roller: the bearing version of the Neptuno

Mercurio Limited Edition
:

It is not clear to me why it is a "limited edition".  It does have the logo Trompillo designed. It also says "hand made".  I suspect the Mercurio is going to be discontinued in favor of the Neptuno but they wanted to produce some with that logo.  On the other hand, the fixed tip Neptuno has disappeared from the shop. Out of stock?

The Mercurio Oro: a gold color Mercurio, limited edition of just 100!

The shop clearly says that it is made of stainless steel, but on Pulp's forum some people think that it is made of brass. It could be a copy and paste mistake.  To be confirmed . . .

trompillo

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »

The Mercurio Oro: a gold color Mercurio, limited edition of just 100!

The shop clearly says that it is made of stainless steel, but on Pulp's forum some people think that it is made of brass. It could be a copy and paste mistake.  To be confirmed . . .
[/quote]
It is necessary to to be a mistake, the top is of brass, I have had it in the hands and can assure that it is of brass.
Adrián tiene el primero que se hizo,y en verano pude verlo de cerca y probarlo,sin duda es de latón.

Zenith

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 03:24:33 AM »

who wants a gold mercury, run there is only 100 and the calls of people 5 in 5

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 01:34:08 PM »

You were right, the Mercurio Oro is already sold out.  It lasted less than two weeks. But, lucky me, the day after Christmas Santa visited me again with a wonderful present from Javier C. of Trompos Space:

It had a couple of Neptuno Rollers, a silver-color Mercurio with the new Trompillo logo, and a golden Mercurio!  Thanks Javier!!!

I used a strong magnet to check the materials, and while the standard Mercurio can be lifted with the magnet, the golden one is not attracted at all.  This confirms that the Mercurio Oro is made out of brass not stainless steel.

The Mercurios with the new (fixed) tips play very well.  They are specially good walkers. The combination of metal body and light weight provides a unique feel to these tops.

The tip on the Neptuno roller spins smoothly.  But the spin time is still not as long as it should.  I suspect this is because they are greased.  I will clean one and test it again.

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »

The Neptuno Roller (Trompos Space Neptuno Bearing Throwing Top as they call it) is now available at Turner toys for $46.

Turner Toys link = Roller

topper777

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »

wow! that was quite a gift.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:39:23 AM »

You were right, the Mercurio Oro is already sold out.  It lasted less than two weeks. But, lucky me, the day after Christmas Santa visited me again with a wonderful present from Javier C. of Trompos Space:

It had a couple of Neptuno Rollers, a silver-color Mercurio with the new Trompillo logo, and a golden Mercurio!  Thanks Javier!!!

I used a strong magnet to check the materials, and while the standard Mercurio can be lifted with the magnet, the golden one is not attracted at all.  This confirms that the Mercurio Oro is made out of brass not stainless steel.

The Mercurios with the new (fixed) tips play very well.  They are specially good walkers. The combination of metal body and light weight provides a unique feel to these tops.

The tip on the Neptuno roller spins smoothly.  But the spin time is still not as long as it should.  I suspect this is because they are greased.  I will clean one and test it again.

dibs on a new mercurio. :)