iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mad bad spinning top  (Read 2095 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Mad bad spinning top
« on: June 26, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »

With that title, I think I need to check this book:

:P

It seems to be only available as an electronic book. 
From the book's blog, the explanation of the title name is:

"Life was like one big crazy ride on a spinning top. To avoid whirling around like a demented baboon with your arse in the air, it was imperative to maintain a firm, two-footed stance, arms hoisted to the sides, whilst remaining flexible enough to emotionally bend at the knees – feeling your way as you made complicated decisions about speed and direction. Too slow, and you became inert; too fast, and you ended up vomiting your sanity whilst hanging on by the edges as the centrifugal forces tried hard to toss you unceremoniously into the abyss. In short, it was simply a matter of shifting one’s balance backwards and forwards between various levels of madness."
Chez called it the Mad-Bad Spinning Top Theory and was constantly trying to find his madness equilibrium as he spun his way around life’s obstacle course. Little did he know, but his own mad-bad spinning top was about to take him on a ride that he would never forget.

I doubt real tops will be mentioned:
Chez, the star of this classic fictional comedy adventure, who finds himself embroiled in a quagmire of dire circumstances. Fanatical Turkish ultra-nationalists claiming to be the remaining descendants of the Amazon Women Warriors, corrupt Russian scientists, Turkish Military Intelligence, the beautiful daughter of a Turkish General, and a crazy gung-ho CIA agent, set the scene that pulls Chez deep into a chain of events . . .
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:12:22 PM by ta0 »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Re: Mad bad spinning top
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »

I really didn´t get al of this text, but I guess I got the main and central idea of this extract.
I do really agree.
Life truly is sometimes like a spin top.
You are in movement all time...like spinning..and, the same than a top, you ned some rest every now and then...

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: Mad bad spinning top
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:55:40 PM »

nice find , the book cover itself is a beauty

it was simply a matter of shifting one’s balance backwards and forwards between various levels of madness."
good point , but the whole plot seems a bit overstated..// 8)

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"