iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tennis shoes to develop spin top tricks.  (Read 3545 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Tennis shoes to develop spin top tricks.
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:25:07 PM »

Hi!
Altough almost every kind of tennis shoes are able to adapt themselves to make some tricks, there is a special kind of them that is very, very ideal to get those tricks more easy to endeavour.
I suppouse they are from USA.
The mark (or brand?) is Broooks, and the model is Addict.
It seems to be a kind of tennis shoes for runners.
Time is over, so long...
Greetings!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Tennis shoes to develop spin top tricks.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »

That must be the craziest post ever on the board that was not a joke (I know because this was also in an email he sent me). I can just imagine some crazy kicks of the top or perhaps some extreme pirouettes?  ??? ??? ???

Anyway, I planning to go to Mexico and visit him, in which case I will be able to give an eyewitness report.  And he may be coming to worlds . . . (crossing fingers).

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »

Hmm.  I do need some new tennis shoes.  I will check the Brooks Addict shoes out.  But they might work well for your tricks but not as well for my kind of tricks as I am planning a series of record attempts with the spinning top and the pole vault.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:54:01 PM »

I am planning a series of record attempts with the spinning top and the pole vault.

I know there must be some canals left in Miamisburg so maybe some long distance canal jumping?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »

I wonder what kind of tennis shoes he is wearing.  That is incredible!!!

Thanks for sharing the amazing video, johnm.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »

I try to find them here:
http://www.brooksrunning.com/Addiction-10/110100,default,pd.html

The most similar model to mine ones is this:Addiction.
Unfortunately, the main part I wanted to review, is the part inside of the tennis shoes, which, doesn´t appears here, but by sseing the other views of the shoes, I am sure is almost the same.
I want to explain, that, this the most indicated kind of tennis shoes to start to learn some tricks I do, and, I am sure, when many players see them, They want to be start to learn them, so, in order to make easier the way to learn it, I want to recommned you, this kind of tennis. I want to say that I am not making publicity to this brand, and I don´t receive any money to reccomend them:).
With time and hard practicing, you will be able to do those tricks with almost any kind of tennis shoes, but, at the beggining, it seems so imposible to get them, and when I satrt, I realizaed muyself that with that kind od soles these shoes tennis got, is much easir to learn.Besides, with a Trompo Grande or a Giulia, by causing of their weight, is much easier. With a light top, is even much harder and complicated.
to be continued.....

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 01:45:29 AM »

OK, this is getting interesting... ???
Erratic Wobbler

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:04 PM »

ha!
well, there was a little mistake here.
Right now, I´m wearing my tennis shoes. I hadn´t paid attention to the last letters of the label in the tongue in the tennis.
I had the idea that it was written "Addict", but, today, I was reviewing and it´s written "Addiction", well, those ones that appear in the link of that website are, definitively, the ones I was/am talking about.
Besides, you need to make some "adaptations", I will show & explain in future videos...
to be continued...