iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: peonza-slovakia  (Read 8627 times)

johnm

• Ultrahero member
peonza-slovakia
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »

Cometa is really moving in Europe now with Peonza-Slovakia as the company Peonza Cometa.  They can really draw a crowd with their contests.  Here is video number 12 of 47 from a single event from November 12.  It seems the youtube poster is the cameraman.  I hope their business is doing so well that they can afford a professional cameraman to follow the demonstration crew. :)

and here is the pro demonstration.  The video description on youtube has a trick list. 

>:D >:D Spoiler  >:D >:D The final trick they call Indian Jones I assume because of the Colombian style whip catch which is very impressive with a small light plastic top.

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
Re: peonza-slovakia
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 11:24:54 AM »

Thanks John!
It is sure nice to see all the excitment!
I really like the sequence starting around 4:44 into that second video, ending with the top into his shirt pocket.  ;D

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 12:13:18 PM »

Good videos¡¡ Thank you very much, they are great players of spin.

Ludo

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »

super yes ;  but player peonza cometa its from wich country?    bye ludo

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:29:48 PM »

Thanks John for finding and posting this. Cometa is doing an incredible job going from country to country promoting tops and trick play.  In the 70s Duncan went to Mexico and introduced spintop trick play.  Around 10 years ago, 5 Estrellas re-exported this style of spintop play to other countries in Latin America, like Costa Rica and Colombia. And now Cometa is conquering Europe: Spain, Hungary, Slovakia . . . I love it!

After Slovakia the natural next step would be the Czech Republic, I guess. I see bicycles and Play Stations in Daniel's future . . .  ;)

One consequence of Cometa promoting tops is that these countries will become "ring" countries, i.e., playing with a ring at the end of the string. All because of the rings on the Imperials originally sold in Mexico. Something that has me curious is the use of the name Peonza in the Cometa promotions, both in Hungary and Slovakia. In Mexico the word is trompo. Peonza is an alternative name in Spain, but on Pulpowski's site trompo is more common.

That "Indiana Jones" trick is really impressive. Carlos is a very good player. The trick reminds me more the open button whips that Matt Ritter used to do than the open whip from Colombia. But, if I see correctly, he is catching the open end (after it goes around the tip) between the arm and forearm! The fact that he does it directly from the throw makes it even more impressive.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:42:29 PM by ta0 »

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 10:46:23 PM »

I have been toying around with an open-ended whip catch lately. I was hoping that I was on to something new that would impress Jorge the next time we had a play date. Back to the drawing board.  :-\

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 09:18:24 AM »

SirBoot32: if you show me an open whip catch after so little time throwing, I WILL be impressed!  ;)

This Thursday there is juggling club, so you can show me what you got.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:21:40 AM by ta0 »

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »

SirBoot32: if you show me an open whip catch after so little time throwing, I WILL be impressed!  ;)

This Thursday there is juggling club, so you can show me what you got.

Sounds great, I am excited to show you my regens.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »

I love it.  The big show down!!!

Wish I could be there.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Binonael

• Peonza Slovensko [www.facebook.com]
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 06:36:32 AM »

Cometa is really moving in Europe now with Peonza-Slovakia as the company Peonza Cometa.  They can really draw a crowd with their contests.  Here is video number 12 of 47 from a single event from November 12.  It seems the youtube poster is the cameraman.  I hope their business is doing so well that they can afford a professional cameraman to follow the demonstration crew. :)

and here is the pro demonstration.  The video description on youtube has a trick list. 

>:D >:D Spoiler  >:D >:D The final trick they call Indian Jones I assume because of the Colombian style whip catch which is very impressive with a small light plastic top.
These are my videos, I am not a cameraman but I don't have problem to do anything with modern technologies (programming, configurating, work with cmd, terminal,...). I didn't had time to split theese videos, because I was studying, but next time I will done so.

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 06:51:50 AM »

Binonael, welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us.

These are my videos, I am not a cameraman but I don't have problem to do anything with modern technologies (programming, configurating, work with cmd, terminal,...). I didn't had time to split theese videos, because I was studying, but next time I will done so.

Your videos are great!  Thank you for your time and efforts to capture and share all of the excitement and fun of these events. :)

Binonael

• Peonza Slovensko [www.facebook.com]
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 06:56:55 AM »

Binonael, welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us.
Your videos are great!  Thank you for your time and efforts to capture and share all of the excitement and fun of these events. :)
Thank you. When I find some time in this summer, I will go to Bratislava to record some competitions, but I can't be unemployed so long, so if I find some job earlier I would have not so much time for Peonza.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 08:34:55 AM »

Welcome to the board, Binonael!

Yes, the videos are great!!  Anything else you want to tell us about the spintop scene in Slovakia, is welcome.

We used to have when this board started an active member from Slovakia (killswitch) but one day he disappeared.

Are you going to the European contest in one week in Prague?

PS: I first thought that your signature could be spam, but then I realized that you are just bragging about your internet connection. It is pretty fast.  ;)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 09:31:59 AM »

Welcome Binonael!  Nice vids--we love to see what is happening with tops around the world.

Good luck!
Erratic Wobbler

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »

Yes welcome Binonael!
I have watched the videos many, many times, they are terrific.
I look forward to you capturing and sharing more with us in the future.
Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up