Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NEWS.  (Read 3741 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
NEWS.
« on: September 21, 2009, 03:10:54 PM »

Hi to all. My heart is spinning like a non-controlled top. Someday, (I hope as sooner as I could) I will put new videos. I ' ve started to know the programms with which is posible to edit. Re-make the same videos I had posted, but bettered. I will write comments from mine in a lot of post you' ve posted here, just, give me time. Let me improve my french, and I will write you. JIm.

Pulp, Ta0, I don`t understand very well the topic of the wrong way corksrew.
Im not good with that trick. I only do the basic one. Gustavo is the one who does several variations of it. (Could  some of you, ta0 or Pulp, write in spanish this topic of wrong corkscrew, in order i can get it well the main idea?

BUt, for someone who does strange and straordinary things (by the way, extraordinario y extraño are very similar words) you must know who is Guillermo Duràn. (by the way, Duràn lives in the USA)
Guillermo Duràn is naturally, by born right handed man, but he throws the top like if he were left handed one.
So, the way he plays, is completely unusual, strange and very, very, extremely difficult. His game, by this same reason, is a little limited, but all the things he does, are straordianary. For that reason, Duràn is a very special and strange case among the players of spinning top. Is like an hybrid or a mutation.  He was, my first teacher of top, and later, his brother, Dalì Duràn. His ex-brother -in -law. Armando, is a very good player too, left handed. There is a video of Memo Duràn in youtube. Later, some days, or weeks, I will say you where.
Grettings to all!

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
Re: NEWS.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »

I have a kid who winds right and throws left...or is that the other way around.  He doesn't really swing his arm to spin it, but rather he pushes his arm and pulls back.  I never thought he would learn to boomerang because of his unique style but he's only in 1st grade and he can already do so.  I have video footage of him that I need to post.  btw, tops must be making a resurgence or something, because I've been getting lots of questions/comments on my youtube channel lately, and I'm up to 50 subscribers!

Good news on your video editing skills ARÀCNOCTAMBULO, I look forward to seeing your videos once again.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 06:34:25 PM »

Hey, Salvador, they say "lucky in love, unlucky in play" . . . or something like that. Anyhow, I wish  you all the good luck with that Venus!!!!  ;)

We discussed a long time ago that video from Durán in a barber shop. At the time we were all amazed by the teleférico (cable-car) he does. I am proud to say that after watching it a lot of times and scratching my head for a while, I finally realized he was wrapping the top in the "wrong" direction. Here is the video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hg8KBo3Kfvo

I made a comment on the video mentioning tops in the US and Duran's girlfriend contacted me. She told me they were in California so I told her about nationals. She said they were going to try to go, but I guess they didn't.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:43:27 PM by ta0 »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:13:29 PM »

btw, tops must be making a resurgence or something, because I've been getting lots of questions/comments on my youtube channel lately, and I'm up to 50 subscribers!

51.   :D

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:16 PM »

YES!.... A famous Duncan guy is one of my subscribers.  Hey look, a cow...let's spin some tops! 
"BOOMERANG!"  ;) 

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 12:17:19 AM »

You just quoted my two favorite parts!  I LOVE that video and I'm still suprised that I'm in it.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »

salut salvador
good to have some news
last w-end while doing a street show with Lapin, I met a tunisian who could throw one of my wood tops perfectly
he would then pop it up to hand , but was puzzled by the boomerang....after 4 tries he nailed it and said that he was back in his childhood (in the sixties)
he said he called the toupie "zarbout'" in tunisian

toupies et souvenirs d'enfance : la poésie du vécu .

' luego!

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"