iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: End of an Era  (Read 7141 times)

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
Re: End of an Era
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »

Honestly Maurizio, your tips are better. If I were you, I wouldn't spend any time on a Yo-yo Jam mod. I started performing with the Top Dogs because they spun longer and were more durable than anything else available, but now I can say the same thing about Strommol 8 tops. After I had been using the Top Dogs for years I was very fortunate to make it onto the Duncan Team, and then years later Duncan came out with their Bearing King tops. Originally I couldn't get them to spin, but then once I figured them out, I couldn't get them to spin as long as I needed. Now I have your tips, plus Eric "The Modmaster" Wolff and VOILA... a Duncan top that spins forever! I will be seeing Eric in a couple of weeks, and then I will have enough modded BKs to last me for a while.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »

...and then years later Duncan came out with their Bearing King tops.

Is this the extent of Duncan's interest in making tops?

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 10:53:22 PM »

No, it just has not been a priority... for the past ten years. 

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 12:40:05 AM »

Haha, well put. Duncan is working on a new design of the Bearing King, as well as a metal version, but as Chris said, it is very very low on the priority list, so there's no way of knowing when they might come out. Both these projects have been in the works for years already.
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up