iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What is that?  (Read 7793 times)

SoCal topspin7

Re: What is that?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 04:17:49 AM »

Do you guys think goto factory will go on with this top and sell it?

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 11:37:48 AM »

I am certain that they will. Well... as certain as someone who is not involved with the company can be. It is always possible that something could happen to derail the project, but the hard work of the design is already done. Now they are fine-tuning. This time there is no resistance from Ben either. He hated the aluminum top project because he didn't think they could make any money on it. This top is designed to be inexpensive but still high quality, so they should be able to sell a lot more of them.

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 01:13:29 AM »

is that a two part body? or is that line just decorational or something? if it is two parts is the cap removable, or permanently in place?
the tip looks nice but it looks like it isn't sheer to the top (maybe i shouldn't pick apart a top based on a photo of a proto   ;D )

is it just me or is that crown really really big in diameter in relation to the general size of the top? it looks proportionally larger than a bearing king's crown... does that thing have a bigger crown than the king? :o
by crown i mean the part you wrap the string around, not the whole cap (if it is a cap).

when can i get some?

i miss the nineties, but luckily the technology of now makes all the music and a lot of the television from then that i miss easier to locate and pretend to relive.
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »

Yes, it's a two part body, with a removable crown. One idea is to have an upgrade kit that includes a weight ring that you put in yourself. I think the crown is large in proportion (not sure how it compares to the BK), they were trying to eliminate as much high, center mass as possible (thank you Neff for suggesting that), plus allow for the top to be carried like Neff does by popping a ball into the hole.

Good eyes on the tip. That is one thing that is not 100% perfect with my proto, but Hans is aware of it and will fix it I'm sure.

SoCal topspin7

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »

Is there a release date? Or its TOP SECRET?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 05:35:58 PM »

I love the phrase "Top Secret".  It always reminds me of Jim Schreiber as this was the title of the movie they made about his life. 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

MarkHayward

• ITSA
    • www.markhayward.net
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 11:28:12 PM »

If there is a release date I don't know about it, but I don't think they are to that point yet. They have a few little things to work out, and are still playing with a couple of ideas. That being said, those fellas down there in AZ don't mess around, so it might be sooner than you think. (I'm not being coy here, I really don't know)

SoCal topspin7

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »

Sounds like great news tnx

Eric

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • Eric's Photo Website
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 11:32:45 AM »

Well, considering Hans' first tops (the Acrobat and the Throwback - still two of my favorite tops), I suspect that when the new top(s) are released we will be wowed..... ;D

Waiting impatiently
To everything turn, turn, turn..................