iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: bearing king tips  (Read 3340 times)

topper777

bearing king tips
« on: September 18, 2011, 07:07:32 PM »

does anyone know where i can buy some tips for my diet rc. i need the bearing tips and have looked at a couple of sites but they dont have them. if you have any tips in your personal collection i would be interested as well.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: bearing king tips
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »

I think you can get them direct from Duncan

http://yo-yo.com/index.php/site/products/3140PK

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:52:59 PM »

that's odd, that kit suggests upgrading your ripcord to a bearing top, but it looks like it lacks the extra bearing that goes on the inside of the top for that function... maybe they figure that if you have a top, you probably have enough yoyo's lying around that you probably have extra bearings that size.

i'm surprised Mr. Neff didn't warn you that if you get that upgrade kit, you should ignore the string that comes with it, as it is likely to be significantly too short   ;D
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

phrawg2001

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 11:50:04 PM »

I ordered them directly from duncan. Be warned they don't come as advertised on Duncan's site. Each bag only had one replacement bearing tip  + string and weight ring instead of the 2 bearing tips and 1 fixed tip + string and weight ring. I had to call them directly to have them send me the extra tips the owed me.

Davin

kevinm

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:35:35 AM »

Be warned they don't come as advertised on Duncan's site. Each bag only had one replacement bearing tip  + string and weight ring instead of the 2 bearing tips and 1 fixed tip + string and weight ring.

yes the new kit is not like the old kit that they still describe. the old kit was a good deal. now it is almost as cheap to just buy a new bearing king and cannibalize it. they come with a spare tip too, but it's a toss up which kind of spare you will get. YoyoSam usually has new BearingKings for ten dollars.