iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Winnie the Pooh movie and top sightings  (Read 1813 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA Jr.
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Winnie the Pooh movie and top sightings
« on: July 16, 2011, 05:39:03 PM »

Mr. ta0 will want to make fun of me for seeing Winnie the Pooh before Inception, but at least I will not have any nightmares tonight.  It was a great place to stay cool, the timing was perfect after lunch (I walked right in) and now I will be able to better connect with the younger folks in the congregation.

I was surprised, though, to see a number of tops featured in the movie.  I believe I counted at least seven sightings and I know I had to miss some.  The opening and closing scenes are not animated and are from Christopher Robin's bedroom.  Several peg tops can be seen as well as a couple of finger spinners.  Don Olney will want to take some grandchildren to this show so they can enjoy the cartoon and he can enjoy the top sightings!

Extra points if you stay long enough to see the credits where one of the guys listed is Albert "tops" Cruz!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:09:33 PM by Mike Hout »
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Winnie the Pooh movie and top sightings
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:18:18 AM »

Actually, The Tao of Pooh is the only book with no spintop connection in the Papyrus bibliography.  On the other hand, Philiippe's book, Tous Artistes, although it is not a book about tops, at least uses lots of spintop metaphors and was written by a top turner.