iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Youtube is now working  (Read 4742 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Youtube is now working
« on: July 10, 2009, 04:36:17 PM »

You should see the youtube icon in the list of buttons above the editing box when you write a new message. Click on it so it adds the opening and closing bulletin board codes (BBC) for Youtube and put the video address between them (either just the video identification code or the whole URL).  Notice that when you look at the post it may take a little for the youtube video to load up.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Uploading images and other attachments
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 05:07:15 PM »

I reserved some space on the server so you can upload images directly from your computer.
So if you do not use another image hosting service you can still post your images. But I have limited the size to 90KB per image, the total per post to 150KB and the total number per post to 3. I may change these numbers later (any suggestions?). I should have enough space for many years worth of posted pictures, but I do no give any warranty: there may be a server crash or I may have to delete them. To use just select Additional Options below the post editing box and use the browse button besides the Attach box.

For the time being, you can also attach any other kind of file (with the same limitation, so probably not movies) you want to share. However, only images will open automatically on your browser.

One more thing: if you write your post in English there is Spell Check (I may add Spanish and French later  ;)

ta0
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:10:50 PM by ta0 »

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Youtube is now working
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:12:20 PM »

WOW!!!!!  What a guy, Thank You, thank you.
Practice hard and play safe.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 05:38:45 AM »

In the second post, I see a fountain top out of the right side of the posting area.

I'll review the automatico video post. And I leave the one that works.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 08:42:29 AM »

The Fountain Top was always my holy grail of top collecting.  I have a magazine ad for one, but never saw one.  I love the box - that is the image I have -  but that top in the picture does not look like the right top?  The Fountain Top would suck up water from a shallow plate, etc. and blow the water out the top of the stem.  My understanding is that the fountain top was cast iron.  It would need a lot of weight to spin very long in water and to blow water out the top of the stem .... obviously the image in the picture is a vast exaggeration!  I always figured that the combination of cast iron and water accounted for m never finding one!  Does anyone have confirmation that the top and the box in the picture go together?  It does not look like it would even fit in that box?
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 09:05:57 AM »

Yes, that is the real thing, a Fountain Top. I'll start a new topic about it. The picture on the post was just a test of the image attachment capability.  By the way, to see uploaded attachments you need to log in.

Pulp: I added a mod so the signature appears only once per page, as yours is pretty big.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:33:42 AM by ta0 »

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 01:18:10 PM »

Pulp: I added a mod so the signature appears only once per page, as yours is pretty big.

Don't care. The signature image is hosted in photobuquet.com.