iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Looking for a old QS cap  (Read 3118 times)

pplgrande

• Superhero member
Looking for a old QS cap
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »

Hi everyone
Anyone has a old QS they would like to sell? or even just the cap?
thanks you all

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Looking for a old QS cap
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »

I do have an extra cap from a 1st gen QS (shorter thread, no Made in China marking). But I don't yet have one of the latest (3rd gen) QS, so I cannot tell you if it fits. Because of the treads it doesn't go all the way on a Trompo Grande body.  When I get one I'll test it.

I also somewhere have a cap with the thread chopped, from when I got frustrated with a QS that would not open . . .

I just checked the www.spintastics.com site, and the bearing and anodized versions of the "Hybrid Quicksilver" are already listed.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:46:26 PM by ta0 »

pplgrande

• Superhero member
Re: Looking for a old QS cap
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 02:54:16 AM »

Awesome, im not sure it fits either but I know the new QS body has no thread, im not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing
Also, im thinking that if they dont fit a trompo grande (plastic) body, is not going to fit the new QS, because after some testing I realize that my trompo grande cap fits the QS body a little loose, I have to put tape on it or it comes off
Maybe even the one with the chopped thread would fit, or some modding is going to be neccesary, if there is a way to get rid of the thread maybe I can fit it, maybe with a drimmel?
Either way, if you are willing to part with one please let me know and im sure we can arrange something
thanks ta0