iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rosen Plaza (Worlds Hotel)  (Read 2786 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Rosen Plaza (Worlds Hotel)
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »

I just booked my plane tickets for Orlando and also made a reservation at the Rosen.  While I was looking at the tickets I tried "add a hotel and save" on Travelocity and among the available hotels was the Rosen Plaza. I ended up getting it for $72 a night (taxes included) what is a great price compared to the special group offer for the contest of $118 a night ($104 plus taxes)!   :o 8) I am coming with my wife and kids and we are staying a few more days, so I don't know if that had any effect. The offer, I am sure, is time limited while they fill up a little the Rosen. It was available also from Bookit.com and probably from many other online travel sites.  The drawback is that Travelocity charges your credit card for the whole stay right away, but you can cancel for a full refund of the hotel cost up to the day before (better than the 5 day cancellation policy if you reserve directly from the Rosen). Of course, if you really want to save money there are cheaper hotels at walking distance on International Drive (and should also have special offers . . .) And roommates will halve it in two, three, etc.

By the way, Beatriz and the kids will probably leave for the coast to stay with some friends while the contest is on. They will come back Sunday to do the Disney thing, so you won't see them around.

Eric

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • Eric's Photo Website
Re: Rosen Plaza (Worlds Hotel)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »

By the way, Beatriz and the kids will probably leave for the coast to stay with some friends while the contest is on.

If we don't see them around, how do we know they're real?

;D
To everything turn, turn, turn..................

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »

By the way, Beatriz and the kids will probably leave for the coast to stay with some friends while the contest is on.

If we don't see them around, how do we know they're real?

;D
Because I am not joining Mark in Paris . . .  :P

PS: I believe they all appeared on the second collaborative video.  Actually, they came with me to my first worlds in 04.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:43:10 PM »

I finally registered online for Worlds (just to attend: I am judging, not competing). I was waiting for them to update the worlds website as the prices on the shopping cart are still the pre-December 31st and should had gone up a couple of times since then. But as I have got no response from Greg to a couple of emails, I just went ahead an registered at the lower prices. I am not sure what is going on. Greg must be very busy.  I sent him the rules for the spintop contest several months ago but have received no answer and the site remains without updates since last year.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:50:33 PM by ta0 »

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »

hi folks

all is well in this brief exchange

but i've missed one episode :

Because I am not joining Mark in Paris . . .  :P

???

jim (confused)
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:48:18 PM »

Sorry to confuse you, Jim. I resurrected this thread from the time McBride was visiting you. Had I been single and free I may have joined you guys . . .  ::)  :P