iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ripcord Points  (Read 3053 times)

Top-Az

Ripcord Points
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »

I picked up some Ripcords from a toy store in Phoenix a week or two ago. I gave a couple to the kids next door and they are having a lot of fun but they have managed to mangle the plastic points. Does anyone have any of the plastic replacement points you would be willing to part with?

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
Re: Ripcord Points
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:01:31 PM »

I think a few folks have asked Duncan to make more tip replacement kits, perhaps you might lend your voice to the growing demand...give 'em a call or email.
Erratic Wobbler

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:10:56 PM »

The Rip~Cord package came with an extra point... Are they now mangled too? I'm not sure if Duncan has any more BK kits or not? If the points that you have aren't too mangled you might be able to file them some... and I might have 1 or a couple of points laying around here somewhere.... 

Top-Az

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »

There were three of us who went to Phoenix ( I had a doctor's appointment ) and we did a little shopping in "the big City". We bought the last of the Ripcords the toy store had and the packaging was torn open on most of them. Only two of the packages contained the extra point. The store clerk gave us a discount so all in all it was a good deal. None of the tops were damaged. The kids next door can only use plastic points because the house has hardwood floors. The problem is that they also play with the tops in the driveway which is very rough concrete. The tips are in bad shape. I have emailed Duncan but in the meantime if anyone runs across any replacement points I will be happy to buy them. Maybe we'll have to replace their Ripcords with a plastic tipped Spintastics.