iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: i need instructions on how to....  (Read 2595 times)

RunBMC

i need instructions on how to....
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »

can anyone tell me how to remove a tip from a ripcord safly?
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
Re: i need instructions on how to....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:43:41 PM »

is it stuck? whatever you do, don't stick the button all the way on the tip and pull. i did this once and pulled the tip out but once it was out i couldn't get the tip off the button! you can use the notch on the button and pull but don't force it all the way in. if that doesn't work you can approach it from the inside and push with your thumb. once i had to take a bottle cap and use it to push from the inside because it was stuck too much and the tip hurt my thumb. you could even use a blunt object like a wooden dowel. just hold he top upside down with the cap off and a dowel on the inside on the tip. bang the dowel on a hard surface and viola! watch for flying tips, though. it's safe, but just barely.

good luck.

RunBMC

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:44:21 PM »

oh thats what the side of the buttons for!

okay i got the tip of the top, but i cant get the new tip on.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:57:27 PM by ta0 »

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »

is it a fixed tip? it will only go in one way because the hole in the top body is not completely circular. rotate it until it slides in. if it resists there may be another problem. there should be a black o-ring/gasket around the tip. sometimes they get gummed up/broken/nasty or otherwise just don't work right. sometimes taking the o-ring off will help and the tip will stay in with a good tight fit. if it doesn't i simply take on of my daughter's tiny black hair bands and wrap it around the tip and it works like new. i'm sure there are other methods, i just haven't found any yet.

hope that helps.