iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: EL TROMPO DEL FUTURO: Jugando un giròscopio como se juega un trompo.  (Read 4959 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

Here, I display how is posible to play a gyroscope just exactly like a trompo. Thus, we now can include the gyroscope together with yo-yo, diàbolo, and trompo like spectacular, amazing, awesome toys of string.
I must say that I was not the first in do this. I can assure that Gustavo castro was the first one in whole world to do this. One time We both were with the maker of the Alien Trompos, and the fabricant shows and old and not-well working giroscope. Gustavo start to spin, and !amazingly!, He started to play with it just exactly the same than a top. I was astonished! When you see this with your own eyes, is completely marvelous.

Here in this video, I show a short sequence. You can do the most of regens tricks with this kind of gyroscope. But, no doubt, is very different to see it in video than personally.

I personally guess that in some few years, the persons who fabricates these kinds of toys, of plastic....they sure will do gyroscopes adapted to play them just exactly like tops.
That`s the main reason Ta0, that I suggested to all of you see the video, "El Trompo en evoluciòn" because the way amarra el trompo, en un canto, puede ser aplicada para acelerar los giroscopios del futuro hechos para jugarse como trompo.
Until now, nobody has done these before. I hope that all of you makers of tops, diabolos and yo-yos there in USA, pay attention to this and fabricate a new kind of Trompo-Giroscopio, `cos for the way you must accelerate and make spin a gyroscope, it`s not possibly regen for ever, but with some adaptations, I do am so sure that is possible.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:29:16 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: EL TROMPO DEL FUTURO: Jugando un giròscopio como se juega un trompo.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:36:25 PM »

To tell you the truth, Salvador, there is conceptually not much difference between a bearing-tip top and a gyroscope. So I don't think we should be surprised a gyroscope can be played as a spintop.

There have been some gyroscopes with top shells made (or tops with gyroscopes inside) but I don't think any were made specifically for string trick play.  About 3 years ago Dale Oliver had created a design for one and he even had a prototype made, but I don't think he is still pursuing it.