iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: aluminum tops  (Read 4767 times)

popdada

• yes...its me...
aluminum tops
« on: August 05, 2010, 04:17:21 PM »

yes...its me...
came across this site from the YYN link a little late for the Cuper aluminum tops...but I need me some aluminum...does anyone know if there are anymore left? anyone got a werrd or yyf they would part with? please hit me up...I have yoyos and cash....

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: aluminum tops
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »

I think Werrd only did a couple prototypes.
Spintastics is working on another run of their aluminum tops, but I don't think they will be ready for a bit...
E-mail YYF, they should still have some Throwbacks and Acrobats left, I think $100 ea., they are aluminum with delrin tips...

I would recommend a delrin body, steel tip (makes much more sense) top; the Giulia by Strommol8 (S8). 
I'm on the S8 team, so take it for what it is worth, but this is the best top available, and I vote the best top ever made in any kind of quantity.

popdada

• yes...its me...
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »

thanks chris! just order a Strommol8 a little while ago...still waiting on the mail...got out of the top loop for a little while and sooo much has happened.... I have begged ben to hit me up with a YYF...but he ignores my pleas....I don't think he likes me.....

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »

strummol8 FTW.

WaxyAxle

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 08:16:37 PM »

I contacted YYF the other day to see if they would have any tops for sale at worlds and they told me that all of there remaining stock had been sent to yoyoexpert and there would be no more available from them direct or at worlds and would be available exclusively from yoyoexpert.

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »

Popdada
The Cuper 360 Aluminum tops can still be purchased from Spain
Web site: http://www.saturnotruco.com/
Their Product page is: http://www.saturnotruco.com/tienda/
I have purchased several items from them and they are a pleasure to deal with.
Their product page is multilingual, just click on the flag of the language you want.
Purchases from their Web Site can only be made within Spain, so contact
them by e-mail if you want to place an order.  "Contacto" on the Left side of the home page will get you to the e-mail or this link should do it: http://www.saturnotruco.com/contacto.php

Good Luck.

Good Luck!

popdada

• yes...its me...
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »

thanks for the link! while I'm buying...how are the Saturno's?

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:42:31 PM »

You are welcome.

Both the Saturno and Saturno Rollers are EXCELLENT!  They are extremely durable tops, well balanced, good weight  and most forgiving.

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 02:28:47 AM »

I can agree with that, saturno's are really nice trompos, specially the Roller (bearing), very durable, and they come with a ring (aro) for the top of the trompo, giving you the oportunity for a few unique tricks
very nice overall, in my opinion

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 06:49:47 AM »

I agree, Saturno are really nice and playable and, very important think, they have a very good price, the worth more than the cost   ;)

Maurizio

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »

Saturno - great quality and balance, but a little top heavy for my taste and the fixed tip shape could use some work.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 11:01:53 PM »

I agree with Neff assessment. Pulpowski was involved in the design of the top (that's why it plays well) but his recommendation for the (fixed) tip design was overruled.

On the bearing Saturno Roller, Javier Caballero explained to me that he had to compromise on the spinning time because of the way kids played with it in Spain, throwing it on hard floors. So he had to go for a hardy tip that necessarily cannot spin as long as it could if that was not a concern.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 01:14:51 PM »

I'd like to add that I have had nothng but positive experience and great service from the good folks at Saturno. 
Erratic Wobbler