iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: World Contest, Japan  (Read 1744 times)

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
Re: World Contest, Japan
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2023, 06:02:50 AM »

It is great that it be done in person again but I see difficulties in the airfares, they are more expensive on those dates and Christmas is a date that most of the people are celebrating with their family, it is very complicated due to the date, perhaps any other day of December but in my opinion it is very difficult to attend, at least for Latinos due to airfares and lodging on those dates, it would rather be the Japan contest 2023 because it is clear that only those with a very good economic position will be able to go even to look for sponsorships, it is difficult Date or just that you are Japanese is within your reach

esta padrisimo que  se haga otra  vez  precencial pero  yo veo  dificultad  en   las  tarfias aereas son mas caras en esas  fechas   y  en  navidad es una  fecha  que   la gente  en su mayoria  esta festejando con su familia    esta  muy compplicado  por la fecha   quiza  cualquier otro dia de diciembre  pero  en mi opinion  esta   muy dificil  asististir  almenos par los latinos    por las tarifas   aereas  y hospedaje de esas  fechas mas bien seria  el japan  contest 2023 por  que esta claro  que  solo  los de  muy buena  posiscion economica  podran ir    hasta  para buscar patrocinios    esta dificil la fecha   o solo que seas  japones  esta  a tu alcance

TROMPO MEXICO

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2023, 12:50:31 PM »

It's the same airfare cost for a Mexican to attend a contest in Japan as for a Japanese to attend one in Mexico, what will likely happen in 2024 or 2025. The real problem is for the players from Uruguay, South Africa or Australia who won't be able to attend a world contest closer than 7,500 km in the foreseeable future . . .
I just checked airfares from San Antonio to Tokyo and they are not too different than other times of the year. The key is to get the tickets early (I recommend 6 months in advance and not less than 4 months).

I think Christmas will work fine. I think your family will understand if you skip one year the Christmas reunion (and can still get together for New Year). More importantly, you will likely have vacation time, what can be a real constraint.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2023, 02:11:05 AM »

dear Fernando , Jorge , dear all

I voted yes at the Board , with the same restriction about the cultural importance of christmas in a lot of countries
I m convinced that the date wont fit for many players
in addition I must say that it needs a solid budget to spend a week in a large city as Tokyo
food accommodation airfares transport insurance etc...

that would be a real improvement if the organization could offer a free lodging for all registered players

or at least a "package" including 3 hotel
nights (even with shared rooms like we do in Marines), food , plus a collective bus tour to Nagoya

in the future we have to establish a 'cahier des charges"  a written document naming what we expect from the host country

bye now

jim  8)

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2023, 12:56:45 PM »

saludos a todos estoy de acuerdo contigo jim  para mi es  y para  todos  yo  creo es complicado hacerlo  en las fechas de navidad  y por  dar un ejemplo  llas  tarifas de cancun a tokio    en agosto es de 32mil pesos mexicanos  que son como 2500  usd     y  en diciembre   es de 40 mil  como 3 mil usd   es  mucho dinero  y solo de pasajes falta como tu dices  el hospedaje  la comida  lo veo muy  complicado para  los  latinos   poder  llegar  al mundial   pero  bueno  esta  vez  toco  asi   y si deveriamos   ver que el pais  anfitrion  pueda conseguir  cosas   accesibles  para los participantes  con el apoyo de itsa

Greetings to all, I agree with you, Jim. For me it is and for everyone I think it is difficult to do it on Christmas dates and to give an example, the rates from Cancun to Tokyo in August are 32,000 Mexican pesos, which are about 2,500 USD, and in December is 40,000, like 3,000 USD, it is a lot of money and only tickets are missing, as you say, lodging, food, I see as very difficult for Latinos to be able to reach the World Cup.  but well this time I play like this and if we should see that the host country can get accessible things for the participants with the support of itsa

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2023, 01:37:17 PM »

Ture: Google flights seems to give better options from Cancun to Tokyo in Christmas ($1800). Yes, it's still very expensive. In August is about $300 less.

We will try to provide some help for lodging. We will see.

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2023, 02:11:06 AM »

Hola tenemos el mundial presencial esto es una gran noticia y claro gracias a la comunidad japonesa y taka por ese gran esfuerzo que implica la organización.
Yo vote a favor navidad en Japón wooo increíble.
Creo que debemos ser más optimistas y poner ,proponer ideas $$$$$ para que sigamos creciendo.
Suficiente tiempo para tener el vuelo y practicar y obtener $ para patrocinar competidores.
3,2,1 mundial en Japón punta único...

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2023, 03:22:27 AM »

Suficiente tiempo para tener el vuelo y practicar y obtener $ para patrocinar competidores.
3,2,1 mundial en Japón punta único...

ah ah you have a very angelic way to solve problems

to me it means "get on with it " !

we'll see if we can get at least  >:D >:D   :  5 different countries and 10 finalists

if not , we miss something

good day
jim

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2023, 10:24:26 AM »

we'll see if we can get at least  >:D >:D   :  5 different countries and 10 finalists
Ten finalist is not problem. I expect a record number of competitors thanks to the Japanese koma community.
Five countries is more challenging, but we can do it. I already won a world title in Tokyo so I won't compete  >:D ;)