iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: World Contest, Japan  (Read 1745 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
World Contest, Japan
« on: February 02, 2023, 06:33:15 PM »

The Yoyo World Contest will take place in Osaka, Japan, August 17 -20

https://wyyc2023.com/

We hope to confirm soon if we will have the World Spintop Contest together with them, like it has always been the case in the past.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:02:00 PM by ta0 »

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: World Contest, Japan
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 09:14:30 PM »

I look forward to the world contest in Japan.
I hope to see you guys in the contest and talk to you. I have a lot of things to want to talk with you.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 09:37:41 AM »

It's definitely not yet decided that we will have the contests together. I have just found out some new information that makes me think that maybe not.
In addition, Taka is the only one I know who is both a yoyo and koma player. Perhaps having the contest separately would work better.
But we will have a spintop contest in Japan for sure, either this year or next year.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 02:58:44 PM »

We have decided to have the world contest separate from the yoyo contest. Taka has volunteered to organize it in Tokyo and he found a nice 600 m2 venue with high ceilings. It's actually in Hachioji City, west of Tokyo and walking distance from two train stations.

We need to decide on the date before everything is reserved. At least one player preferred it to be immediately after the yoyo worlds while another wants it later and outside the summer performing season. If you think you could come to the contest and have a preference on the date, please, say it now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:02:36 PM by ta0 »

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 09:29:55 PM »

Excelente noticias ..a trabajar se a dicho gracias Taka por tu apoyo siempre ...

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 12:41:35 PM »

Hi all
worlds in japan
its attractive

but who will be able to afford the trip ,
and how many countries could be represented
that s a question !!

how could we sponsor support the travel costs ?

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 04:36:26 PM »

I raise my hand to do it in the Mexican Caribbean on Isla Mujeres I have all hotels with cheap lodging rates and the city council supports me with what we need apart from it is cheaper and there are many access facilities everything is walking we do not have to take transportation apart from the The place is heavenly and there are many flights with many schedules I could get cheap rates It is geographically accessible for South Americans Mexicans and Americans They will have an incredible capacity that they say I have everything ready, they just need to say yes

alzo la mano para hacerlo en el caribe Mexicano  en isla mujeres    yo tengo todo     hoteles  con tarifas   baratas de hospedaje y el ayuntamiento me apoya  con lo que necesitemos   aparte  es  mas  barato y hay muchas facilidades de acceso   todo  es  caminando  no tenemos que tomar  transporte    aparte el lugar es paradisiaco  y  hay  muchos  vuelos   con muchos  horarios  pudiera  conseguir tarifas  baratas esta  geográficamente   accesible para los sudamericanos   mexicanos  y estadounidenses  tendríamos  un aforo  increíble   que dicen   ya tengo todo  listo  solo falta que   digan que si
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 04:49:39 PM by Turegano »

TROMPO MEXICO

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 07:18:42 PM »

Mexico might be next year. And then France or Spain. Obviously, the cost depends on where you live. The contest in Japan was canceled 3 times due to the pandemic. So they have been waiting long enough. We are now thinking on the 1st weekend of December.

By the way, Kanta received the hardware from last year online contest:

I should have weighed the medallion, it's really heavy.

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 12:31:05 AM »

I want the contest to be held in August because I and a lot of Japanese koma player who is a student can preserve enough time to practice and spend time with you from all over the world in summer vacation.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 09:51:15 AM »

I want the contest to be held in August because I and a lot of Japanese koma player who is a student can preserve enough time to practice and spend time with you from all over the world in summer vacation.
I completely understand. That's the reason the live contest was always done at the beginning of August. There are two reasons we are thinking in December. The main one is that professional performers are the most busy in summer and wouldn't be able to come in August.  Currently, most of the strong spintop players in the west are not students (Texture and Yahir are exceptions). In particular, Guillem has said that he would likely be able to go in December but not in August. Unfortunately, I don't expect many foreign players to be able to travel to worlds in Japan and if we do it in August it might be just Japanese players competing. The other reason is the rental of the facility and the time to organize the contest.

We want to have the maximum number of players competing, so I appreciate the feedback and would like more people to give their opinion.

One dream would be for ITSA to sponsor an international player to go to Japan. If we can raise enough money, we could do that with the non-Japanese player that places highest on the virtual contest. Right now we don't have the money so we are thinking of ways in which we could raise the amount needed. This is a long shot, but would be great to do.

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023, 12:27:22 PM »

I agree that having the maximum number of players competing is better. However, I cannot understand that the contest will be held in December for professional performers because I believe that we must make the contest easier for students to join it. This is better to increase the number of players competing in the long run.
Anyway, I would like to know the reason why you have decided to have the contest separate from the yoyo contest. I think if the world spintop contest is held with the yoyo contest, the spintop contest can be held in August. If the spintop contest cannot be held in August, September is also good for students.

I want ITSA to sponsor an international player to join the world contest. That's so fantastic.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2023, 10:46:17 AM »

I agree that getting young people to the sport should be a priority. Unfortunately, from my experience of many years going to yoyo contests, the crowd that goes to yo-yo contests is mostly interested only in yoyos with very few exceptions (on the flip side, I never got very much into yoyos  ;) ). In addition, the organizers naturally cater to the needs of the yoyo players which are not exactly the same as ours. We are very grateful to the yoyo community for their support over the years, but part of evolving the scene is having control of our own events.

I think that if we have the virtual contest by the end of the summer, that will let players develop their routines and get the practice needed and they should be able to participate in the live contest later in the year. If we can raise the funds needed, we can then offer a trip to the winner to that years live contest (the highest placing player who is not from the hosting country).

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2023, 10:56:41 PM »

I can understand what ITSA want to do and I totally agree with that.
The only thing about the world contest I want ITSA to do is to give players important information as soon as possible. Some player already started to practice for the world contest, including me, and they think the contest will be held in summer. Of course I will devote myself to the contest and I would like to make the contest fantastic.

I think JTTF member Tooku, Tomohiro Tokunaga who is a good Chonkake player, can join the world contest as a judge if the contest is held on December.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2023, 12:47:32 AM »

I think JTTF member Tooku, Tomohiro Tokunaga who is a good Chonkake player, can join the world contest as a judge if the contest is held on December.
Fantastic!

There is no doubt that the Japanese players will be very well prepared. The question is who is going to be able to compete against them!  ;)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2023, 10:16:51 AM »

Confirmed! See new thread.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 12:19:32 PM by ta0 »