iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: news from here..... :--(  (Read 2838 times)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
news from here..... :--(
« on: May 02, 2010, 03:14:56 PM »

:(

hi all
i'm back from 10 wonderful days in corsica:easy life,cooking , fishing, picking urchins,flying indian kites, playing tops in the patio,cutting wood to send to paris, playing bridge with the neighbours and my mom....but...when i checked in at the squatt last night to see if everything was fine : big trouble! the room where i had my workshop was a mess, the partition with the next room had been destroyed,dust and plaster everywhere,...the lathe mostly intact in one corner, the wood scattered around,and my tools still in the locked wardrobe...i was really pissed, i threatened to make a square head to the guy responsible for this and left the place saying i was coming back to take everything out...later Lapin arrived and we started sorting things out...then one of the persons in charge with the squatt came and told me that « some folks » had « blown a fuse » and that they had problems with people after a party the week before : dozens of partygoers had invaded the 7 floors and messed up everywhere , fights,theft, and finally police came to bust some of the trouble makers: the output of this is that there is a hearing tomorrow with the threat of being expulsed within 3 weeks, despite the excellent relationships with the city mayor who has already visited the place and is perfectly conscious of the 30 or so artists working here, of the fact that we rent rooms at 1 euro per hour for theatre groups and workshops, and that the activities range from sewing ,photo laboratory,dance,woodturning,freeform radio,3 punk bands rehearsing at the -2 floor ,d é-coiffage,clothe-exchange shop,
meditation room,rooftop with bio-vegetables grown in-situ ,400 people at the open stage every thursday night (but also 800 euros raised from booze without taxes or licence each time ::!!) and more  etc....

i've finally decided to wait and see how it turns...and also called a contact in another squatt to put my gear somewhere

and like mike says
happiness runs in a circular motion (trouble 2 sometimes)

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: news from here..... :--(
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »

Sorry to hear about all of that, Jim.  Having the right space to do things can sometimes be pretty frustrating.  Wish you were closer to me.  I would give you some space to work in my garage and I wouldn't let any others bother your stuff!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »

that feels good , mike ! I really feel down and out after all this s--t
thanx for your offer/// ;)

jim

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:38:49 PM »

Wow Jim, that's terrible!  So sad that people like that exist, makes it hard to keep patience with humanity.  We wish you luck in getting your stuff back together.  Stay cool!   8)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:50:05 AM »

It would be a pity to lose a 7 story "free" building in the middle of Paris just because of a fight . . . :o

Oh, the underground scene in Paris, the squat, the memories . . .  :)