iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2022 ITSA Online World Contest  (Read 6271 times)

Armando (elprofedeltrompo)

• ITSA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@Elprofedeltrompo
Re: AWARD CEREMONY 2022 ITSA Online World Contest
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2022, 07:27:27 PM »

muchas gracias.

The results of the 2022 World Contest will be announced live tomorrow using zoom. It will start at 6:00 Los Angeles, 8:00 Mexico City, 9:00 Bogota, 15:00 Paris, 23:00 Tokyo.
Here is how to join:

===========================================
Topic: ITSA 2022 World Spintop Award Ceremony
Time: Dec 4, 2022 08:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81227547067?pwd=cmtiUHFqMmpsQ2hhR0UzaGRrM3J0Zz09

Meeting ID: 812 2754 7067
Passcode: spintop
=========================================

It will be recorded, but the most people join, the better.
Good luck to all the competitors!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: 2022 ITSA Online World Contest
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2022, 02:23:49 AM »

It's The Big Day
 ;D ;D

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2022, 01:01:40 PM »

We have the winners!

Open

1. Kanta Tani (Japan)
2. Marcus Heinek   (USA)   
3. Jun Shimamura (Japan)

Traditional

1. Juan Diego Arias (Colombia)
2. Juan Miguel Henao (Colombia)
3. Marcus Heinek (USA)

Women

1. Martha Gallo (Colombia)
2. Kumiko Suzuta   (Japan)
3. Yuhiko Kyriuu (Japan)

Youth

1. Nobuyoshi Hasegawa (Japan)
2. Kota Tachikawa (Japan)
3. José Manuel Orduña (Colombia)

Kanta won his 3rd championship, tying Matt Ritter.
Juan Diego and Martha successfully defend their titles in their divisions.
Nobu goes from 2nd to 1st in the youth division.

A compilation of the players of each division:

Another very successful World Contest. Thanks to everybody who participated and congratulations to the winners!

« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 03:38:33 PM by ta0 »

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2022, 01:52:51 PM »

Gracias a todos ....3,2,1

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2022, 06:42:27 PM »

The full results are now posted on the website:  https://spintops.org/2022-world-results/

Here are the winners in each division:

Kanta is a complete performer. Not only he does amazing tricks, but his use of the music and connection with the audience is perfect.
I had to laugh when at 0:40 he threw the string and the koma in the air separately, juggled them, caught the string and then lasso the top.  :o

Juan Diego continues to push forward what can be done with Colombian traditional tops. Between this freestyle and his Open freestyle Juan Diego shows many regen tricks that weren't used before with Colombian tops. I just wish the video was of better quality: did you notice how many times the trompo is tip up?

Martha shows her versatility, doing traditional tricks with a heavy trompo, regenerating a modern top and even doing a very high trapeze (calculador or suicide) with a small spintop.

This routine not only won the youth division but got a very respectable 13th place on the Open division. It includes a behind the back lasso and a sequence of 10 overhand whips in a row!  :o
He is only 11 and he will qualify for 2 more years for the youth division.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2022, 09:05:49 AM »

Second place Open:

Fantastic routine! Great flow and variety.
Texture once again places among the first 3 in both Open and Traditional! Congratulations!

Second place Tradtional:

Juan Miguel is just 15 years old. Another product of the town of San Vicente Ferrer and Rodrigo's trompo school from where the best Colombian players come.
I love that he throws the top straight to the camera  >:D

My favorite "artistic" performance:

Rocco has developed such a wonderful spintop character! He started as a performer late in life (he is a stonemason by profession) but he is a natural.

What are your favorite routines?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 09:16:16 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2022, 01:44:02 PM »

I want to thank Beth who volunteered to help with the Zoom award ceremony.
I also want to thank the other 7 judges, Chris, Cuper, Jader, Jakub, Jon, Jose, Mermouy (Guillem in the end didn't have time to judge).

We ended up hanging around for 2.5 hours at the award ceremony. Great to see how people wanted to stay, even in Japan where they were approaching 2AM!

Jun had an unusual high-energy routine, a style he has developed in his street challenges. He said next year he wants to do a back flip!

Yahir was 14th last year but this year he improved his routine a lot and he almost got into the first 3. The routine is just flawless. I wonder what top he is using. Hopefully next year we will have many more players from Mexico.

Kota is just 9 years old but this are not his first worlds. His Open routine (he also sent one for Traditional) didn't score high but is one of the most memorables:

How did he get into Michael Jackson?  ;D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2022, 06:10:24 PM »

I remember throwing tops with Ian Smith at the 2015 nationals in LA. He was there to compete in yoyos (either 3A or 4A I believe, probably both). He could do intermediate spintop stuff and I tried to convince him to get serious into tops. So, I was very glad when I saw that he entered this year:

I was also very glad to get a video from Beau. With Marcus they completed the trio of players representing the USA: a small number, but they did well, all placing among the first 10.

Taka always has some unusual things in his freestyle. His Open routine didn't disappoint. He is probably the first worlds competitor spinning 5 tops on his hands simultaneously.

Beth

• ITSA
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2022, 06:13:30 PM »

You're welcome! The zoom meeting is always fun to do. I think if we would have all shut our cameras off the connection would have been more stable, but then I would have missed seeing everyone's smiling faces  :D

I went outside this morning and all the front yards are dug up on my street! They are replacing all the internet cables with fiber optic high-speed something or other..... Just a few days too late!

I really enjoyed being able to see everyone together - like when we had those spin meetups in zoom during Covid. If anyone ever wants to organize those again, I'm in to join! And I'd be happy to switch it up and be the country joining at 2 am so Japan can have a normal time event :)

I was happy to be a cheerleader for the worlds this year for the women's division and all of the other divisions as well!

Take care,
Beth

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2022, 01:24:06 AM »

howdie folks

there has been a number of new tricks

how would you name this one by Quentin ?
 at 1.30 double top throw

all in all , I would congratulate Japan and Colombia for their involvement and timeless efforts to keep the tradition alive
whether it's young kids , women , adults , or old timers who play (......)

big up also for the USA : high level players like Beau ,Ian and Markus,and be-friendly spinmasters Chris,Jon,Jorge,José

the" rest of of world" did very well too, and I wish more countries could have participated...

thanx Beth for the zoom thingy despite the low connection and lag, we 'll do better next year :-)

and thanx again to the great board of directors,
 jorge marco taka and me
 who manage in the shade , with a constant equation in mind :
to make things happen

truly yours

jim
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 09:51:38 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2022, 10:09:29 AM »

We should also mention the great help by Jun who coordinated the Japanese participation and registered all the chonkake players. He was instrumental in having a great Japanese participation.

Quentin's freestyles are always enjoyable. He is a true performer. At worlds he was one of the few yo-yo players for whom I always stopped throwing tops to watch his 4A freestyle.

how would you name this one by Quentin ?
 at 1.30 double top throw
jim
During the Award Ceremony, Quentin said that he didn't even know that France was playing the world cup, so we cannot call it the Mbappe's Twin  >:D
On the 1960's Duncan Official spintop trick book, tricks with the twin tops are called: Twin Spinner, Twin Scoop, Double Trouble (boomerang), Double Dazzle (boomerang under leg), Twin Orbits (boomerang behind the back), Gemini Jump (sky rocket) and Cork the Bottle (nesting the tops).
Perhaps: Double Trouble Corking the Bottle? However, there is also the trick of throwing the double boomerang, having the tops separate in the air and nesting them directly on the hand. I think Dale Oliver did that one. We need a better name.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:11:59 AM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2022, 10:25:46 AM »

Lots of amazing stuff.  Good work, everyone!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2022, 04:56:55 PM »

hello everyone, first of all, recognize the great work that the judges y organiztors do and all of us who make the World Cup possible. In my opinion, Quentin Godet performed an impeccable execution.
and yahir ortega had an excellent artistic expression. I don't know how the rating table is based. I think we would all like to see the score table, both positive and negative. My experience when I participated in 2016, I did not know my score either, I only found out that I was in 6th place and to this day they have not shown me how they qualified or what the qualification is based on. I think that we all make efforts to get to participate and we also make efforts to have the best routine without any desire to offend anyone and always valuing time and the dedication of each one but hopefully they will value more the histrionic side of the participant

hola a todos   primero que nada   reconocer  la gran labor  que  hacen los  jueces  los organizadores y todos  los que hacemos posible  el mundial   en mi  opinion quentin godet realizo una ejeccucion impecable
y yahir ortega  tubieron una expresion artistica exelente   no se  como se basa la tabla de calificaciones  creo que nos gustaria a todos   ver la tabla de puntuacion tanto positivos como negativos mi experiencia cuando yo participe en 2016   tampoco supe   mi puntuacion  solo supe  que quede en 6to lugar   y hasta el dia de hoy  no me  han mostrado  ni como  calificaron    ni   en que esta basada la calificacion pienso que todos  hacemos  esfuerzos  por llegar  a participar  y tambien hacemos esfuerzos  por  tener la mejor  rutina sin ningun afan de ofender a nadie  y siempre valorando el tiempo y la dedicacion de cada uno   pero    ojala valoraran mas   el lado histrionico  del participante     

TROMPO MEXICO

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2022, 05:17:17 PM »

The total scores of every player are here: https://spintops.org/2022-world-results/

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2022, 05:40:30 PM »

The total scores of every player are here: https://spintops.org/2022-world-results/

ok estan los puntos  efectivos  pero los  positivos  y negativos que son los que dan el resultado final efectivo   y en que estan  basados    como se   obtiene  una  calificaccion positiva  como  obtienes  la  negativa

se podria ver la transparencia de los jueces   imparcial ???   nos  podran mostrar sus carecteriscas para evaluar ???  por ejemplo     yo  como podria  saber  mi   calificacion en 2016  para poder comparar con la de taka  y la  de neef  quiero  me ayudes  a disolver mi ignorancia   por favor
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up