iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Where do you spin tops?  (Read 7518 times)

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
Re: Where do you spin tops?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

1) indoors: living room, over carpet
    outdoors: backyard or parks...anywhere with soft grass
2)iraq/afghanistan - nothing fancy

like chris, i hope to improve #2. too bad i got a late start with tops, because i've been some pretty cool places. before i picked up tops i yo-yoed at the hoover dam. crappy camera phone photographic evidence below.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 05:35:31 AM »

Ajentsac, You must clean the sensor of your camera. I clean mine last week succesfully.

Your photo give me an idea. Sometimes is more easy to make a photo in a odd place than a video.

After the ending of the colaborative videos, we must start a photo gallery of terrific places playing trompos.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »

Agentsac, You must clean the sensor of your camera.
I guess on this board we can think of yo-yos as dust specks on the camera sensor  ;D. Pulp, you should use a photo editing sofware to take out the black spot from your previous photos: it is generally easier than retaking them.

After the ending of the colaborative videos, we must start a photo gallery of terrific places playing trompos.
I still haven't taken one in front of The Alamo!  ??? I guess I'll wait for Mike to visit in June  :) Yes, I am working on the collaborative video but it is going to take one more week (today I am painting, mowing and other stuff.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:11:51 PM by ta0 »

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 06:25:32 PM »

Glad this thread got some momentum.  I love Pulp's Idea of a thread just for posting photos of folks spinning in interesting (or even uninteresting) places.  Keep the replies coming!
Erratic Wobbler

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »

Pictures do tell a great story with a top spinning in them.  I'm anxious to have my picture with Jorge at the Alamo.  My plane ticket is purchased and it will truly be a top adventure.  Maybe Mr. World Champion can even show me how to put pictures from my phone on this forum?  I'm an old dog but I can still learn new tricks, just a lot slower than the rest of you.  If I can post pictures then everyone will be in big trouble. 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 10:35:23 PM »

My plane ticket is purchased and it will truly be a top adventure.
Yippee! This will be great and compensate the sadness of not coming to the Flatland meeting that weekend.

Sometimes you have to be prepared for the stares when you take out your top in public. This guy with square pants really got a laugh at my spintop! I should had tried a hop-the-fence with his nose! (I am not sure what "Bob Esponja" was doing in Punta del Este.)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:42:03 PM by ta0 »