iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ITSA Membership auto renewal  (Read 5078 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
ITSA Membership auto renewal
« on: April 05, 2022, 05:00:06 PM »

I have added Paypal subscription buttons to the registration page so people can sign for auto renewal of their ITSA membership at the end of one year.  If you plan to be a long term supporter of ITSA and its goals, it will be extremely helpful to ITSA if you select this option. You can cancel the subscription at any time and if you forget to cancel you can still ask for a refund up to 2 months after the automatic renewal.

https://spintops.org/membership/

In the next week I will update the forum so those whose membership expired will show as junior members.

Thank you for your support in spreading this beautiful hobby.

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
Re: ITSA Membership auto renewal
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 08:31:10 PM »

Subscription's s a great idea! Errored out at PayPal's end just now, but I plan to use it.

PS: Looks like subscription went through despite the PayPal error message.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 08:43:58 PM by Jeremy McCreary »
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 09:55:32 AM »

Thanks Jeremy for using this method to renew your ITSA membership! It helps a lot!

PS: I saw on the ITSA account that we received the payment. For some reason I didn't receive an email notification. If you renew and don't hear from me within 24 hours, I probably didn't get a notification.

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 12:50:22 PM »

I guess this can be done when I need to pay the next time. Doesn't make sense to try to switch to subscription now only a few weeks after me paying for a year, right?

In the broader world of tops, nothing's everything!  —  Jeremy McCreary

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 02:49:32 PM »

I guess this can be done when I need to pay the next time. Doesn't make sense to try to switch to subscription now only a few weeks after me paying for a year, right?
You are right. My fault for procrastinating on this.

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 03:53:13 PM »

If I wanted to donate a little extra but not re-subscribe, I could do that at the link above, right?

ortwin

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 04:18:40 PM »

If I wanted to donate a little extra but not re-subscribe, I could do that at the link above, right?

Or you could PayPal to my email address. In that case you could also forget about the "little" part.  >:D

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 10:38:15 AM »

Is it still true that when you sign in, your name at the bottom of the home page is red, then you are paid up?
Practice hard and play safe.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 11:27:49 AM »

Thanks for asking!  :) There are two options. I you want to donate an extra $10, you could use the regular 1-time membership renewal button.
But you can always send a Paypal payment for any amount to treasurer[at]spintops.org.

Is it still true that when you sign in, your name at the bottom of the home page is red, then you are paid up?
No. I need to update the website with the current membership status. I will try to do it in the next few days. The best way is to look for what it says below your Avatar (in a week from now). If it says ITSA your full membership is current, if it says ITSA Jr., it needs renewal.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 11:31:01 AM by ta0 »

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 04:13:04 PM »

Made!

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 09:22:20 AM »

Thanks for asking!  :) There are two options. I you want to donate an extra $10, you could use the regular 1-time membership renewal button.
But you can always send a Paypal payment for any amount to treasurer[at]spintops.org.

No. I need to update the website with the current membership status. I will try to do it in the next few days. The best way is to look for what it says below your Avatar (in a week from now). If it says ITSA your full membership is current, if it says ITSA Jr., it needs renewal.

So until I post I will not see what my status is?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2022, 11:06:41 AM »

Made!
Thanks a lot Maurizio for renewing with the subscription method!

So until I post I will not see what my status is?
I have not yet updated the forum with the membership status info (but I just checked, and you are due for renewal.)

Attila

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2022, 03:19:17 PM »

Amazing idea, now I won't have to feel bad if I don't remember renewing my membership! Which I'm not sure about right now  ??? I will just subscribe now  ;D ;D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 12:04:18 PM »

A little over 75% of new renewals (14 out of 18) have selected the auto renewal option. Thank you very much! This helps ITSA a lot!  :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 06:45:55 PM »

The new green patches are finally here! There was an extra delay due to the Chinese new year (yeah, they are made over there).

Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up