iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trompo Show on Antequera, Spain. With Gerardo Montero  (Read 10403 times)

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
Trompo Show on Antequera, Spain. With Gerardo Montero
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:43:15 AM »

This is one of the events Mike Hout loves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjfTz9rLdXE&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:20:17 AM by Pulp »
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Trompo Show on Antequera, Spain with Gerardo Montero
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 02:28:26 PM »

That was great! Gerardo is always fantastic. And so many kids doing the boomerang simultaneously!
A pity the rain.

Pulp, are you going to be able to catch Gerardo somewhere on the tour?  ;)

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »

I'm trying to throw a trompo party join the best Spaniards top players with Gerardo but it is becoming difficult.

MatiasStuntMan

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »

A Screwdriver will be the perfect drink in a Top Spinners party ;) or maybe a Top Collins...  ::)

This might be the subject of another topic, perhaps.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:09:29 PM by MatiasStuntMan »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »

You are right, Pulp, this is indeed the kind of event I love.  I watched the video several times.  Thanks for posting it.  It looks like there was a lot of good activity there.  Of course, Gerardo is always great.

Did I see on the trophy that this event was just this past weekend?
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:22:38 AM »

Thanks for the video Pulp, Gerardo is always amazing

ASOCIACION ANTEQUERA

• ASOCIACION ANTEQUERA
Re: Trompo Show on Antequera, Spain. With Gerardo Montero
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 05:17:33 PM »

Estimados amigos, ha sido para la Asociación Antequerana de la parte superior una gran alegría recibir en nuestra ciudad del sur de España, visite Gerardo Montero. Somos una asociación que, tratamos de difundir los juegos tradicionales, y especialmente la parte superior, a todos los niños. Para ello vamos a los colegios y explicar la historia de la parte superior, recortables de papel, cromos, soldaditos, etc Sin darse cuenta, los chicos aprenden jugando una lección de la historia, las ciencias, la física o el arte, y para ello tenemos una selección de muy diferentes tipos de tapas. Ahora tenemos 450 tapas diferentes de todo el mundo, giroscopios, rotuladores de colores, mezcla de colores "luz blanca", levitrom, antropomorfas, de sonido, antiguos y modernos, etc cazador Gerardo ha venido y nos ha acompañado. ..........
Sebastián

ASOCIACION ANTEQUERA

• ASOCIACION ANTEQUERA
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 05:19:18 PM »

Estimated friends, it has been for the Association Antequerana of the Top a great happiness to receive in our city of the south in Spain, Gerardo Montero's visit. We are an association that we try to spread the traditional games, and especially the top, to all the children. For it we go to the colleges and explain the history of the top, recortables of paper, chromes, soldaditos, etc. Without realizing, the boys learn playing a lesson of history, sciences, physics or art, and for it we take a selection of very different types of tops. Now we have 450 tops different from the whole world, gyroscopes, felt-tip pens of colors, mixture of colors " white light ", levitrom, anthropomorphic, of sound, ancient and modern, etc. Gerardo hunter has come and has accompanied us ...............

ASOCIACION ANTEQUERA

• ASOCIACION ANTEQUERA
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »

...........he has accompanied us on the colleges spreading the top and doing he his demonstration of acrobatics. She is an extraordinarily simple person. He has visited in addition two centers of disabled boys, a center of sciences, the catholic church of Antequera, a restaurant, a travel agency, all this promoting the tops. I encourage you to announce the game of the top always and at all time in that you have occasion. The progress that provokes the technology, sometimes, determines our lives and it is necessary to disconnect us. For it not like at all to play with the top and to share with good friends moments. In Antequera we go trying this several years, from 1996 but it is now this when giving his fruit and this the results being seen. A greeting to all.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 09:30:13 PM »

Thanks for posting Sebastian and sharing those great photos (note to lurkers: you need to sign in to see photos attached). You look confident with the top on your hand on the third picture: have you learned a lot from Gerardo himself? Without doubt Antequera is making a name for itself in the world of tops!

From where comes the nickname cazador (hunter) for Gerardo?

. . . para ello tenemos una selección de muy diferentes tipos de tapas. Ahora tenemos 450 tapas diferentes de todo el mundo . . .
Pensaba que tapas era algo que se comía en España . . .  :P

Jorge
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:32:01 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
A kid from Antequera and Saturno Roller
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 09:35:49 AM »

This kid from Antequera who just started recently posted a nice video on youtube showing how fast kids pick up top spinning when there are good promotions. What surprises me is that he plays with his bearing Saturno Roller (thread) over tile: those tops must be pretty tough!

And here you can see another video of Gerardo doing a demo in Antequera: Gerardo school demo. At one point he may have used a bearing top: I had only seen him use fixed tip before.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:43:30 AM by ta0 »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: A kid from Antequera and Saturno Roller
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »

And here you can see another video of Gerardo doing a demo in Antequera: Gerardo school demo. At one point he may have used a bearing top: I had only seen him use fixed tip before.
Thanks for posting ta0, I hadn't seen this Gerardo one.  Curious what you suspect he used bearing for?  I'm betting he used fixed tip for all of that, even the button snag.  He's done that Sunglass grind in several videos, all with what appears to be the same top he is doing fixed tricks with.  I've tried it with some bearing tops, makes me too dizzy  :o

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »

I was thinking about the snag (helicopter) : just an impression but most likely you are right and he is using fixed tip.

It is interesting how popular the upside down spinning on the pen seems to be over there. Spintop manufacturers should take notice. I believe Pulp, who helped design the Saturno, suggested the center dimple on the crown for that purpose.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 03:26:57 AM »

I believe Pulp, who helped design the Saturno, suggested the center dimple on the crown for that purpose.

I did it. We try some diferent deeps and wides. The actual one was developed to hold the tip of another saturno, but the pen works better by its movable ball. The idea was to help to the unskilled salesman to do a incredible trick to promote sales. The kids love that trick. I thought that each new top need an specific feature to makes the difference with others.

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 10:15:44 PM »

Amazing.  I love that dimple idea and spinning on a pen.  Never dreamed of that one. ???
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up