iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2020 World Spintop Online Contest  (Read 9603 times)

Taka

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • SPINGEAR--Yoyo,Spintop,Kendama,Diabolo Store
Re: 2020 World Spintop Online Contest
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2020, 04:07:33 AM »

Thanks,Jim.I am happy to hear you like it.I want to show Japanese tradition in 3min.

I think that Taka's chonkakegoma might have been the most difficult of them, concentrating the most challenging tricks in a short time without all the fill-in regens. But I feel the kyokugoma part might have missed some of the gravitas of a traditional performance. The ending probably didn't help in that respect.

Thanks to understand my concept,yes I try to put as many as possible Chonkake trick in 90 second and less regen.

As you pointed out,3min(90sec for Kyokugoma part) is too short for True Kyokugoma and i still learn how to perfrom,so this time just show skill only.No theme, message, traditional movement.Just busy action.
They spend few minitues just 1 trick with talking.So it was challenge kyokugoma to put in sports style.
I think for Kyokugoma,I am still too young,so after 60 or 70,people feel more gravitas and formality.

--
Really happy to hear about feedbacks.I do same thing to Japanese player,there is no loser,but no ranking is painful, so cheer up each other!
Yoyo,Koma(Kyoku,Chonkake,traditional,all kind),Spintop player.
Taka from Tokyo

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2020, 03:44:13 PM »

I have re-streamed the award ceremony so now it's on youtube:

The main problem I had is that I didn't have time to familiarize with zoom controls and did not know how to put focus on a specific participant (now I know).
Definitely, you need two people to control it, to mute/unmute, put focus, prepare videos to show, read messages, etc.
Next time we'll do much better.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2020, 07:09:43 PM »

Zero appeared in a couple of newspapers because of the world contest. He even shared the front page of the Okinawa News with Biden!

First page:

Detail:

Main article:

I guess on the photo he is showing a koma from the open freestyle and a chonkakegoma from the traditional freestyle.
The title says that he was 9th in the world in the traditional freestyle and 10th in the open freestyle. The subtitle says something like: "the sense of exhilaration was irresistible"   ;)

He also appeared on the Ryukyu News:

The title says that he was 9th in the world and the subtitle that next time his aim is to be 3rd  ;)

I hear that he will also appear on a TV show.

Zero (Rei Teruya) was one of three players who qualified for both open and traditional freestyle finals. He is 13 years old and the 4th or 5th youngest of the contest.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:30:13 PM by ta0 »

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2020, 09:22:14 PM »

Zero appeared in a couple of newspapers because of the world contest. He even shared the front page of the Okinawa News with Biden!
Wow, that's great!  8)  Does anyone know were I could get a physical copy of the paper? (souvenir)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2020, 07:53:32 PM »

EDIT: Removed the video by request of Zero because of TV copyright.
===================

Zero has been in a couple of TV programs already and he posted photographs of more filming outdoors today. This is from the show Hoteye.

Interestingly, he throws a Quicksilver and explains that it's thrown upside down while he throws the koma tip down.

His group of koma throwers from Okinawa is there, including his dad. I like how it finishes with everybody spinning a koma on the head.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 09:29:01 AM by ta0 »

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2020, 12:20:44 PM »

Hello evrybody! Long time since being here...
I'm creating the spintricks.org pages for the contest (didn't had time before sorry...)
I'm wondering if these numbers are the final ones: 22 countries 99 competitors registered and 78 send videos?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2020, 02:30:49 PM »

I'm creating the spintricks.org pages for the contest (didn't had time before sorry...)
I'm wondering if these numbers are the final ones: 22 countries 99 competitors registered and 78 send videos?

Final tally
players registered: 98 (somebody had registered two times)
countries registered: 21 (or 22 if you count Balearic Islands ;-)
videos sent: 84 (by 77 players as 7 sent different videos for traditional and open)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2020, 07:00:01 PM »

A newspaper from Pollença (on the north of Majorca island) had an article (in Catalan) about the placement among the best 10 in the world of two of the locals: sin and Xisco:

https://puntinformatiu.cat/dos-pollencins-entre-els-top-ten-balduferos-del-mon/

Mermouy

• ITSA
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »

Final tally
players registered: 98 (somebody had registered two times)
countries registered: 21 (or 22 if you count Balearic Islands ;-)
videos sent: 84 (by 77 players as 7 sent different videos for traditional and open)

Thanks, page construction in progress... Any ideas to add?
I plan to add a tag-based filterable portfolio of all videos, but it will be a huge and long task (need to create a page per video actually...)

Mermouy

• ITSA
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2020, 11:53:24 AM »

Oh and is there any better place to find back the missing videos in the competitors list?

Mermouy

• ITSA
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2020, 08:59:07 PM »

So here it is finally, took me hours butI think the videos classification worthed it...
Just realized the World's page hasn'nt been updated since 2018... Nobody noticed...  :-\  Done anyway.
I decided to make two different pages, one with just the summarized results and I added one as a filterable portfolio as I've been threaten before.
It may still contain mistakes, you'll notice me in that case huh?
Read ya!

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2020, 10:05:30 PM »

Excelente noticia saludos

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2020, 09:45:47 PM »

Today I finally received directly from the factory in Mexico the custom crystal trophies:

They are fabulous!  8) 8) 8)

These are made by hand of solid glass!  :o They are heavy: each one weighs exactly 2 kg (4.4 lb)!

The size of the tops is about the same as a Giulia:

These are unique and very special trophies. Top level! ;) Congratulations Guillem and Bryan!

Cuper was the one who found the place to make them and ordered them. Not only that, but he donated one of the trophies! THANK YOU!!!!
Trompos Cuper is now officially a Gold Sponsor of ITSA!  8)

By the way, the worlds medals were delayed but they should be ready in a few days.

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2020, 12:08:20 AM »

Amazing trophies!  :o Congaratulations to the very lucky winners.

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2020, 12:28:00 AM »

Espero les gusten tambien agradezco la confianza al grupo por déjarme,no solo buscar quien los haga ,también en el diseño,con apoyo de Gustavo Castro y Jorge taO.
Creo que ITSA internacioal top spinner asociacion tenía que dar este paso , saludos cordiales
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:54:03 AM by CUPER »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up