iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Tops in My Summer Story  (Read 4503 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: The Tops in My Summer Story
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2022, 10:04:16 PM »

I see they are thinking they will get an 8-figure offer, so over $10 million: https://www.hoffleigh.com/listing/3159-w-11th-street/

These sequels seem to come every 10 years: A Christmas Story (1983), A Summer Story, (1994), Christmas Story 2 (2012) and now "A Christmas Story Christmas" will be released tomorrow on HBO Max. Interestingly, it was filmed mostly in Hungary. Official Trailer

I checked the website for the museum and found out that you can stay overnight in the house. You have the third floor to sleep (up to 6) and in the hours the museum is closed you have the entire house. December 24th and 25th are still open (at a big premium!): https://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/reservations/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 10:41:49 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2024, 09:57:59 PM »

Guess who just won an Emmy?  Our good friend Kieran (who played Ralphie in My Summer Story) was announced a winner at the Emmys last night!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

paulstewart

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2024, 08:30:18 AM »

It's a toss up which is my favorite, the Gene Sheperd reading or the movie.  The tops Judith designed are perfect for the role.  I had fun making 3 interpretations of Wolf and the Evil Mariah.  I don't throw them much since they were a lot of work and want to keep damage to a minimum.  Talking with Judith, I promised to respect that this design is hers and I only make these for my own entertainment, not for sale.  The spikes were laid out using the indexing on a Delta wood lathe then carved by hand.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 03:36:24 PM »

Today is our favorite Mrs. Parker’s birthday.  Yes, February 8th of 2024 is the 71st birthday of Ralphie’s mom.  Way to go, Mary Steenburgen!!!