iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Whipping tops on ice  (Read 25890 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Re: Whipping tops on ice
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 03:15:14 PM »

Me too.
And if some of us are interested in to get one of the big ones, I`m in too.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »

Unfortunately, when I checked today it said "this item is no longer available"  >:(
Those tops looked really good but were a little too expensive. Hopefully we'll find another supplier.

By the way, I have some ideas for an improved whip top I want to try. The other day I did some top whipping for the collective video and had lots of fun. I can see a billion Chinese playing with my idea  ;D ( with knock offs >:( ).

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 11:37:38 AM »

It seems to me that the Taiwan tops I had in Orlando a couple of years ago would make good whip tops.  I checked with Jack Finn at A2Z in Northampton Mass and he has 9 large and 5 medium remaining.  They sell for $16.99 & $10.99.  Their phone is 413-586-1611.  I have not found them on the yoyoguy web site nor have I been able to ask Infinite Illusions what they have remaining but they also took some.
Practice hard and play safe.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 09:06:53 PM »

Thanks Dick. But actually I already have quite a few whip tops, mostly vintage. The nice thing about these was that they are large steel tops that make a loud noise: they seem pretty serious!

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 10:40:56 AM »

My point was that if importing whip tops was too expensive, then we have some already in the states.  I am sure that that will work as whip tops.  I have tried them but without a proper whip.  So if anyone has an interest it is a cheaper way to try.