iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: K'Neffy string twister  (Read 24049 times)

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
Re: K'Neffy string twister
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2019, 05:03:02 PM »

So, the knex center rod on the string twister got a bit twisted.  I decided to go with a bolt for the replacement.  The clip that drives the center gear needs something square to clip to, so I ground down only two sides of the bolt where the clip needed to attach.  It seemed to work pretty well.  Unfortunately, we had some nice weather and I decided to twist some string outside.  I was working on a twelve strand string, which of course adds a little more torque, and the clip flew off... into the grass... somewhere.

Guess I should have squared up the bolt, and probably glued the clip on. 

Anyway, does anyone have a spare clip with the little peg that drives the gears?  And, any suggestions on whether it should be glued, or not?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 05:06:36 PM by Renee »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2019, 02:42:07 PM »

I have an extra clip I can send you. I think you need to grind two grooves for the nubs to nest into, I don't think glue is going to hold it. I can send you a couple of shaft also in case you decide to go that route.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »

Thanks for the offer!  Jim Neff sent me some clips.  I ground the bolt down more, and it seems to be holding, sans glue.  I've twisted about a dozen strings since I put it back together. 
I'll be setting it up again next week to make some custom strings for two of my grandsons in their favorite colors.  Only the older one (6 yr old) spins tops, but they love to use string for other creative projects.
Thanks again!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2019, 07:32:42 AM »

I need to get my string twister out this week. all my string are completly done with... rendering regeneration and whips harder :)

Anyway :) Yep, amazing stuff!
Spinning is life!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up