iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Spider, Atomic and Estelaris  (Read 5367 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Spider, Atomic and Estelaris
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »

With the lot of Jumbos and Turbos, Salvador sent me a few other tops.

Spider
Most tops, including Mexican, have a smooth body except for circumferential grooves. Well, these tops break that rule in a big way. The Spider has a very aggressive relief of spider webs, plus a spider on the crown. Nowhere on the body it says the brand but the ten I got came with rings and buttons from Cometa so I assume that's what they are. I am not surprised an arachnophilic like Salvador likes them. They look pretty and feel solid and bold. Probably more collector than player tops but not as bad players as one may guess (I think much better tops than the Trompo Sport brand model with the spider crown).

Atomic
This top has a faceted interior surface and an atom symbol "appliqué" on the crown. As all tops from the Super Trompo brand it is well made. But I understand that boys wouldn't like it because the atom on the crown looks like a flower . . .  ::) I only have one extra of these.

Estelaris
These are, of course, from the brand 5 Estrellas. They are smaller than regular tops (but larger than minis). They have little stars etched all over the exterior surface. I am not sure if this will increase air resistance or decrease it (think of golf ball dimples.)

Oh, by the way, Salvador also sent 10 Cobras and a couple of Aliens for those who missed them last time.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Re: Spider, Atomic and Estelaris
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:22:37 PM »

Speider is very beautiful, but is more a collectible top than a very good top to play.
Sometimes, the spiderwebs are "estorbosas" for playing and lazdas and trapecios fail frequently.
Besids, the over-weighted cap provokes that the tops falls down.

In the other hand, the Atomic is a supertop, like We are used to the models of the brand supertrompo.
This design is now out, and a new one will appear, without the "female flower" in the cap.

Estelaris is a re-born model, discontinued many years ago, and re-made only by brief time.
When I was child, I didn`t see this model, but is a veru good one,
It`s got an excelent plastic, a marvelous tip, and it plays it so well.
In my opinion, is the best Mini Model to play.

MatiasStuntMan

Re: Spider, Atomic and Estelaris
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 06:26:45 PM »

Hi Jorge, when can we start sending you the money? This tops are great!!!

Julio