iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Edible top for dogs  (Read 1856 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Edible top for dogs
« on: May 04, 2018, 12:48:09 PM »

I was browsing recent spinning top patents when I found an application (pre-grant publication) for: "Edible Spinning top for domesticated animals"  :o

The inventor is Amanda E. Hutton, form Lantana, Florida. I bet the idea came when her dog chewed up a top she spun. It would be interesting to locate her and give her a call . . .

The abstract is:
An edible spinning top for domesticated animals is designed to be an interactive treat for a dog, a cat, or any other kind of domesticated animal. The edible spinning top includes a spindle, a body, and a pointed protrusion. The spindle allows a user to initiate the rapid rotation of the body. In addition, the body allows the edible spinning top to maintain its rotational inertia. The pointed protrusion allows the edible spinning top to rotate upon a contact surface with minimal friction. The spindle, the body, and the pointed protrusion are made of an edible, desiccated, and brittle composition so that the edible spinning top can be rotated, can interact with a domesticated animal, and can be consumed by the domesticated animal.

I hope this becomes a product that we can buy. I can imagine some fun top battles (if you lose, you eat your tops!   :P :P :P :P :P )
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:22:06 PM by ta0 »

Hades

Re: Edible top for dogs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »

I hope they make this to. I have a bulldog that goes crazy for anything that spins. Then again he might think he could eat my tops lol ;D

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »

For folks on this forum, training your domesticated animals to eat tops may not be such a good idea.
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

CUPER

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »

Ja ja interesante...

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 05:45:11 AM »

For folks on this forum, training your domesticated animals to eat tops may not be such a good idea.

Agreed. Not a behavior to encourage. My pug does not like my tops!
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 02:15:51 PM »

When Roxie beats me to a LEGO part I've dropped, it's a goner.

She can destroy almost any dog toy in under 30 minutes -- even the ones advertised as "indestructible". The only exception: It takes her about a week to do in one of these orange 2" Chuck-It balls. (Guessing a lucky combo of shape, size, and material.)

So far, she's been a little leery of tops spinning on the floor, and I'd really like to keep it that way.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 03:07:34 PM by Jeremy McCreary »